SonicStage CP

Rate this topic

SimKill

Sonicstage CP is releasing tomorrow ie 25/5/6.

If Sony is to be believed I think this is going to be just as buggy as any new release.

At AtracLife, we represent a major chunk of sony device users so I think they should have given us a pre-release copy (Someone else mentioned this first, so I cant take credit) so we can check for any pain-in-the-*** problems in the software.

What do you think?

P.S. My train of thought has just de-railed hence the haphazard way thing are put above.

Don't be so negative! Sonicstage has been improved significantly since 2.0! So it is not as if the program was full scratch!

What could be troublesome, would be the "cross over" functions between CP and SS...

The only thing I wish more than anything is a TRUE unicode support, as it should be for years. Then, a better organisation of folders (a la CP or Itunes) when importing. And I just hope that it will be able to download from CP all the infos already used (Ratings, etc.).

Now let's be patient, as we still could have some more surprises (I mean good ones...).

I sure would love to have beta versions and send comments and bugs report to Sonictsage team...

Edited by willykyu

Now let's be patient, as we still could have some more surprises.

That cracked me up. What if the SS crew DO have surprises up their sleeves?(Reader open to think which ever direction :-))

I've got CP, I can say that it doesn't organize the songs in any order. iTunes is better as once you supply the tags it creates folders automatically. Wish that would happen in SS-CP.

When I installed CP from the disc, it was ridiculously slow. I stood ground, and didn't lose my cool. After that 1.04 what ever update, CP has become much more responsive to use.

What I'm asking is that why can't Sony make the out-of-box experience good in the first place...

What's the point if SS-CP become good after installing some patches?

I sincerely hope that SS-CP is stable out of the box (or rather internet) itself...

I think having a small public beta test, using a free resource like the tech savyy viewers of ATRACLife would have been a great plan, and would have highlighted any issues.

Unfortunatly, Sony don't use logic like this, they are a very traditional company, and hence the traditional problems they suffer whenever they release software.

I fully expect SonicStage CP to be chock full of bugs, as basically nothing has changed management-wise in Sony since Connect Player 1.0 and SonicStage 3, they have the same ethos, and same faulty testing labs.

Please Sony, consider opening up your products (not just CP or SS) to public beta testing, it will make your software products better, and trust me YOU NEED TO MAKE YOUR SOFTWARE PRODUCTS BETTER..

Guest Stuge

They(Sony ) Do see AtracLife (As said by Kurisu ).So our reviews & comments are invaluable .We shpuld rather wait for SS Cp to be released towmorrow instead of making any comments right now .

It's only 12:52 here in Tokyo... be patient, and anyway, it will be announced on Atraclife Blog as soon as it is released.

I suppose it'll follow the usual Sony pattern: First to Japan, with lots of warnings it's only for Japan users, then slowly to other regions.

Anyway, if it at least preserves the automatic tagging updates of CP, it will already be a notable improvement to SS. Just hope it's not as slow as CP to scan drives and add tracks to the player.

I suppose it'll follow the usual Sony pattern: First to Japan, with lots of warnings it's only for Japan users, then slowly to other regions.

Yes indeed. I shall have the usual announcement by the main blog shortly.

Just hope it's not as slow as CP to scan drives and add tracks to the player.

Indeed. I am hoping that implementation of CP features will not encumbered SonicStage as a whole. Here's hoping for a smooth upgrade.