Reuse old earphones

Rate this question

coolmyll

Question

I had this mp3 player: IM-NWS700B.jpg

but it broke. Can i use the headphones of it with another non sony device? It has a weird thing on it so it doesnt match other regular headphone ports. I think it was for the noise canceling technology.

So can i somehow use the headphones or this is for garbage?

10 answers to this question

I looked at the manual for this beast (about 5 years old) and sadly, yes, it looks like its of a "unique" design. Even the manual (which is for several similar walkmen) shows the connector as a normal stereo 1/8" (3.5mm) jack, with the comment that on certain models, yours included, that the connector is shaped differently.

You're right, probably garbage time. But maybe someone here needs a spare pair. You never know who will read this, the membership is huge (and mostly silent these days). Don't throw away, just yet.

What exactly went wrong with the player? Trampled by an elephant, drowned at sea, pierced by a speeding bullet or run over by your 3 year old's trike? The world wants to know.....

Cheers

AFAIK there is a plastic butt that sticks out from the side, if no one wants your old pair, and you are going to throw them away, why not get a dremel and remove the plastic and try them on another device. You have nothing to lose but a bit of your fingertip if you aren't the handy type :D

Thanks for the answers guys. First time the headphone jack was loose so i send it back to sony and they fixed it (in warranty). Then one day after some time it just stopped working. I am sad to say i have an ipod nano 5 now (plz no flame :P) but i miss the sound quality and the noise canceling feature of Sony.

After it stopped working i was wondering how it was on the inside. Now we know :)

sl381792.th.jpg

sl381791.th.jpg

Thanks for the answers guys. First time the headphone jack was loose so i send it back to sony and they fixed it (in warranty). Then one day after some time it just stopped working. I am sad to say i have an ipod nano 5 now (plz no flame :P) but i miss the sound quality and the noise canceling feature of Sony.

After it stopped working i was wondering how it was on the inside. Now we know :)

sl381792.th.jpg

sl381791.th.jpg

The only way to get the cancelling headphones to work is to get a new standard plug fitted and be sure not to connect the microphone wire. Cutting of the platic protusion does not work :(

Shames as these are great phones.

Hi everyone, got same pair of that earphones here and im glad to unform you guys that this pair now works with other players. just carefully, at your own risk, remov that thing that doesnt fit into other 3.5 port (as seen on the attached image) and that's it.... pls click on the image below to enlarge it. hope this will help.

post-121658-0-58414300-1289833788_thumb.

stuge: actually i bought it from a friend who managed to remove that black something and when i got it, that gold plated thing was still there but bent for it to fit in other players. I had no idea how he removed that black thing but as for that gold plated thing, i had it straighten out back to its original position then bent again repeated it several times until the thing was removed from the 3.5 plug.