Ghost in the Machine?

Rate this topic

Hungerdunger

Something spooky happened today. I'd just played one Hi-MD disk through to the end on my NH1. I ejected it and put in another disc and pressed play. The music which came through my earphones was the music from the beginning of the disc I had just ejected. It lasted for about a minute then stopped and was replaced by occasional blips and beeps until I pressed "stop".

In all my years of listening to Minidiscs I have never had this happen to me and I wonder whether anyone else has experienced it? Any idea how it could have happened?

Buffer not cleared. I have twice this week got a dollop of something I wasn't expecting.

Once when doing a series of complex edits near the end of an LP4 disk using the B10. The disk was a bit (but not very) fragmented and the 10 seconds I was trying to delete fell across a fragment boundary. It only happened once, going back and playing again, no problem.

Once out on a walk I got 5 seconds of stuff (HiSP) that was supposed to be completely gone from another track, injected into the audio stream. Probably a skip. Not reproduced, it went away immediately.

Stephen

Buffer not cleared. I have twice this week got a dollop of something I wasn't expecting.

Once when doing a series of complex edits near the end of an LP4 disk using the B10. The disk was a bit (but not very) fragmented and the 10 seconds I was trying to delete fell across a fragment boundary. It only happened once, going back and playing again, no problem.

Once out on a walk I got 5 seconds of stuff (HiSP) that was supposed to be completely gone from another track, injected into the audio stream. Probably a skip. Not reproduced, it went away immediately.

Stephen

Yes, but in this case, the disc which the music came from wasn't even in the machine, and came at the start of over six hours of recording, which had just finished playing.