MZ-RH1 Update released

Rate this topic

Mikami

If you own the MZ-RH1 and Windows 7 you might happy to know that Sony hasn't forgotten you.

As of October 6th, 2010

you can download a software update for the MZ-RH1 here:

http://www.sony.jp/support/pa_common/x-appli/download/index.html

Tried it - "cannot install with this Windows Language"

Could you tell us what the possible benefits to us might be? I have no idea what an X-application might be.

Thanks

Stephen

Tried it - "cannot install with this Windows Language"

Could you tell us what the possible benefits to us might be? I have no idea what an X-application might be.

Thanks

Stephen

Get the same error as well. Does not seem to install on non-Japanese language PCs. It may install if you first install Japanese language pack.

A while back I got SS version V working. Look at the original post(s) by Avrin. It involved several elements. One was installing Jp support and the language bar. Another was applocale. Interestingly, although Japan is removed from my options with the language bar, SSV still runs (I just checked). However my Japanese is nonexistent, so the result isn't much use to me.

I suspect that applocale is the key; if I wasn't somewhat preoccupied I would have made the effort to try it.

Stephen

PS note that I do NOT think that this software *is* SonicStage. I think it's something else, and that's why (at least initially) I haven't bothered. Old dogs, new tricks.......

Wouldn't it be easy for Sony to post a translation from the Japanese -AT LEAST AS A SOP TO US DISGRUNTLED HI-MD USERS WHO CAN'T USE IT WITH WINDOWS 7?aM i MISSING SOMETHING/

A while back I got SS version V working. Look at the original post(s) by Avrin. It involved several elements. One was installing Jp support and the language bar. Another was applocale. Interestingly, although Japan is removed from my options with the language bar, SSV still runs (I just checked). However my Japanese is nonexistent, so the result isn't much use to me.

I suspect that applocale is the key; if I wasn't somewhat preoccupied I would have made the effort to try it.

Stephen

PS note that I do NOT think that this software *is* SonicStage. I think it's something else, and that's why (at least initially) I haven't bothered. Old dogs, new tricks.......

Is there a reason there's no English translation of the update.I would have thought its the least Sony can do to appease disgruntled hi md owners like myself.Or am I missing something here?

Wouldn't it be easy for Sony to post a translation from the Japanese -AT LEAST AS A SOP TO US DISGRUNTLED HI-MD USERS WHO CAN'T USE IT WITH WINDOWS 7?aM i MISSING SOMETHING/

Is there a reason there's no English translation of the update.I would have thought its the least Sony can do to appease disgruntled hi md owners like myself.Or am I missing something here?

Google translate (on the Google toolbar) gives quite a useful rendition in English. Mind you, I won't be going anywhere near this update until someone conforms it works.

It's great that Sony finally added support for the RH1 back into x-Application. I had been using version 1.1 of the software with my NW-A847 and it is really nice. Now I can hopefully get my RH1 working on the Vaio TZ again with Windows 7.

There was a guy who started an English patch for this that works pretty well. He was about half way through - I applied the patch and most of the UI and main menus are done, but not the options screens. Not sure if it works with V2.0.

http://beshayer.com/...sh-translation/

PS: to get X-App to run on an English OS, you can decompress it with something like UniversalExtractor, then comment out the allowed languages line in the .ini file in the root directory before launching the setup. After you have installed the main app you can apply the language patch - but I have not tried this with V2.0, only 1.1. No other applocale or JP language packs are required from my experience on Windows Vista / 7. Applocale was just for XP.

Edit: looks like he released an updated version of the patch, but don't think it works with V2.0 of X-app, only 1.1.

http://beshayer.com/...final-released/