SSCP 4.0 : CD INFO very long

Rate this topic

dem1980

Hi,

i have updated my A3000 and i have installed SonicCP 4.0 but i have a problem.

i have uninstalled sonic 3.4 and CP and i have deleted sonic and CP files and folders.

so i have installed sonicCP 4.0 and i import all my mp3 files into library.

this works fine and i transfer them to my a3000 with success.

but when i start sonicCP it asks me to update "unname" titles with INFO CD.

i did it but it freezes. If i ask manually infos for 1 or 2 albums, it works but very slow.

and if i let it do it for all library, ir freezes, i have let him all night to update it s no finished and it doesn t continued.

i have to kill the soft to exit it.

when i restart it, it ask me again to update cd infos, but the same thing as before, it freezes when i stop it or the % doesn t advanced and stay to 0% or 11% for example for very long long time

if you have ideas...

thank you

You can turn it off in Tools>Options>Get CD Info and uncheck the 'Get track info automatically with no title or rlease year, or containing no data like Artist Link' option box. Next time you start SonicStage CP, it shouldn't automatically get CD info.

Edited by kerfuffle

When I first installed SSCP 4.0 I let the software do its thing with artist link - checking for release dates etc - and it took quite a long time. I guess what I'm saying is that you could leave it alone for several hours and see if it completes its task. After you have done it once it will only come with that message if you import new tracks into the library.

my problem isn t this message !

my problem is that it doesn t finished the importation of cd's infos !

i have let him one night to do it and in the morning it hadn t finished

and it was at 0% or 41%

and sonic uses 99% of my athlon 3500+, all others programs run very slow when sonic search cd's infos

I had a similar issue having upgraded to SonicStage CP 4.0. Each time I opened SSCP it asked whether I wanted to update CD info for tracks that were untitled or had no release year data. Intriguingly each time more tracks were updated, but it is very unlikely to complete the task as the CDDB database may not have the info for every track - especially if your track database contains edited tracks (merged or divided using the SS editing functions) or own created tracks such a live recordings or edits. I have about 4,500 tracks in SSCP and it has found artist link data for about 3,500 of them. I have swithched the auto CD info update off though as it doesn't seem to be able to find anymore and the pop up scrren is irritating!

The auto CD update function also seems to confuse the transfer of playlists to an intelligent function device such as an A3000 or A608 - I found if the auto CD update function was on and playlists were checked to transfer in auto update, when it tried to transfer the playlists the auto CD info update widow would come up again. If I pressed no, the tranfser seemed to stall and I got an omgbox.exe error and SSCP shutdown. With the auto CD info switched off all transfers seem to work fine.

Switching the auto CD update function off only effects existing tracks, if you import new tracks the CDDB enquiry still happens automatically.