Software For Your NetMD or Hi-MD Minidisc Player/Recorder

Rate this topic

Christopher

Many Sony Minidisc players/recorders that have NetMD or Hi-MD functionality can use Sonicstage 4.3 to transfer your music to the device. Trusted forum member Avrin has made a custom version of this called, "SonicStage 4.3 Ultimate Edition v2" which works exceptionally well and solves most problems people have with SonicStage. Please try it today.

SonicStage 4.3 "Ultimate" Release 2 for Windows (you must register at Sony Insider forums to download)

• 1 year later...

I can´t check mp3 files out to my MZ-N707,type R-have tried different bitrates and have upgraded Openmg and NetMD driver.Is there a specific bitrate for mp3 transfer?.Optimising doesn`t help either.Tried to install Sonic Stage,but install fails with "not enough install "setting""

I can live with converting all to .wav, but it´s a nuisance.I use mp3 for podcasts,so a low bitrate is not a problem.I use .wav for music transfer.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi All,

Has anyone successfully been able to load SS4.3 to Windows 8? I did a search for it but I am not turning up much. Plus, not being such a tech expert, I'm not sure what is meant by "temporarily disabling the driver". Apparently there is quite a bit on how to get the job done with Windows 7. I was hoping for a step by step procedure somewhere. Thanks...

Hey culp4684,

Check this thread:

A couple of links lead to some step by step instructions that a couple of members devised. I have not done it either but I have heard it works fine. Since the drivers are not signed with a Microsoft certificate of authenticity, W8/8.1 will not allow the driver to be installed unless you turn of the "Drivers require signing" feature of the OS. The act of doing that is performed in the early boot up phase of a restart I believe and is only temporary until the next reboot. Windows 7 complains about the unsigned driver but still allows it to be installed.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...
Hi Forum Masters, I was successfully able to install Sonic Stage Software to my Windows 7 64 Bit Laptop. When I Connect My MD MZ-N420D Mini Disc Player, Sonic Stage doesn't detect it. My question is; where can I get the drivers in order to use to use my device? The Sonic Stage I installed to my PC was the 4.3 Ultimate Edition downloaded from this website. Any assistance will be truly appreciated.