-M200Can't transfer old MD's to computer using MZM

Rate this topic

MattJake

Been using my MZ-M200 for a couple of years to successfully transfer Hi-MD files to my SS library. Today, for the first time I tried to transfer an old MD disc to my computer using SS 4.3.01. The MZ-M200 recognizes the disc as an MD but I get a message stating that I need an updated driver. In the transfer window on SS it indicates "no device/media connected". If I switch back to a Hi-MD disc everything works fine.

Hope there is a simple answer for this and thanks in advance for your help. :)

Matt

1. What "computer"? More to the point exactly what version of Windows are you running?

2. Have you ever transferred legacy MD's to the PC?

3. Have you installed Avrin's "Ultimate" version of Sonic Stage?

If you are running W7/64 there's a whole different bunch of problems from if you are running XP.

Also, if you have connected any other NetMD (anything at all previous to M200) to this PC there may be some cleanup to do. But that's after you got it working.

Sorry...running Windows Vista Home premium w/ SP1. This was the first time I tried to transfer legacy MD's to PC. I believe that I was running the "Ultimate" version of SS but when I failed to upload, I reinstalled the Ultimate version from the link on md forums.

Thanks again.

-------------------------------

1. What "computer"? More to the point exactly what version of Windows are you running?

2. Have you ever transferred legacy MD's to the PC?

3. Have you installed Avrin's "Ultimate" version of Sonic Stage?

If you are running W7/64 there's a whole different bunch of problems from if you are running XP.

Also, if you have connected any other NetMD (anything at all previous to M200) to this PC there may be some cleanup to do. But that's after you got it working.

You likely just need the driver pack, then. I thought it was included in SS Ultimate, though.

Your problem is the lack of a driver for NetMD for your RH1 (or M200). The driver is called NETMD052.SYS and probably has NETMD052.INF and .CAT associated with it. Check back here if you can't find those.

The driver is separate from HiMD on the same unit, which uses Mass Storage and a "simple" filesystem driver (mostly, anyway).

PS I assume this is Vista/32 not /64?!?!?

I too thought that the drivers were included in the Ultimate version. Search of Sony support, the forum and web did not yield a site to download the drivers that you specified.

I am running on a 64Bit operating system. I saw a reference to SonicStage patch 4.3.02 for Vista/W7, but could not find a link to download that either.

Thanks again,

Matt

Ah!!!! THAT is the problem. You are truly on the "bleeding edge", then. Should be minimal problems for RH1/M200

You need to read this thread.

Thanks sfbp,

I read the thread a few times and am not having any success. I tried a bunch of things but mostly followed the posts...I tried pasting azureal's .inf text and renaming to netmd760.inf and downloaded the netmd760.sys and .cat files. Placed all three in a directory and used the update driver function in driver properties. pointed at that directory in the update driver and got the message that basically said no driver for my device was found.

I lost the ability to recognize the device with either MD or Hi-MD recordings. After a number of unsuccessful attempts to reinstall 4.3 ultimate, I finally went out to the Sony support site and successfully used their SS install for my MZ-M200. Seems like Sony is using a driver developed by Microsoft

will need to think about this. The folks who have actually done this may be more help

the thing which leaps out at me is you describe it in 2 places as netmd760.ini. You need to call it netmd760.inf

I don't suppose it could be as simple as a typo?

another thought - you might want to clean up all the unused drivers.

In addition, the fact that something stopped working seems to suggest at one point one of your installs may have "succeeded". Wrong stuff but system attempted to access it.