ATRAC File Transfer Problem with the PSP

Rate this question

kush757

Question

well heres the problem....i recently got a 2gb sony pro duo,n iv got sonicstage 3.4 runnin on my pc....the problem is that the sonicstage application hangs a lot on transfer of atrac3plus files at 48 kb bitrate onto my psp,n at the end it doesn get transferred.....but had no problem on transfer to the 32mb duo.

i had faced the same problem before with my 1gb sony pro duo,so i tried back hard on it n kept transferrin(although unsuccessful) n the next day the mem stick stops workin.....pls anyone with a solution to all of this???

i also wanted to know which is the best bitrate to listen to mp3s??n whats vbr,does it increase the music quality ???is more the better???

hopr theres a way to put atrac files on a 2 g pro duo :sad:

Edited by Ishiyoshi

11 answers to this question

Welcome to ATRACLife!

First of all, what sort of ATRAC files you were trying to transfer over to the PSP? ATRAC3plus? Please note that you will need to have at least PSP firmware version 2.0 to facilitate transfer of ATRAC3plus files via SonicStage (at least version 3.2) to the PSP. In any case, you should not have problems using a 2GB MS PRO Duo if those aforementioned requirements are met.

i also wanted to know which is the best bitrate to listen to mp3s??n whats vbr,does it increase the music quality ???is more the better???

If capacity is of importance, go with at least Mp3 192kbps; otherwise, 320kbps whenever possible for quality. VBR simply stands for "Variable bit rate" - VBR allows a higher bit rate (and therefore more storage space) to be allocated to the more complex segments of sound files while less space is allocated to less complex segments.

iv iv upgraded every damn thing u know

heres the details

psp 1004k

v 2.70

sonicstage 3.4

is it posible to transfer atrac3plus at a bitrate of 48 to a psp via imageconverter2plus????

anyone????

so u mean to say mp3vbr sounds better than normal mp3 while its size is also reduced?????????.if im convertin a normal mp3 to a vbr using musicmatch,what % do i keep it fo good quality music??

Guest Stuge

iv iv upgraded every damn thing u know

heres the details

psp 1004k

v 2.70

sonicstage 3.4

one damn thing you forgot ..Upgrade SonicStage ver3.4 to SonicStage CP 4

so u mean to say mp3vbr sounds better than normal mp3 while its size is also reduced?????????.if im convertin a normal mp3 to a vbr using musicmatch,what % do i keep it fo good quality music??

It depends. The quality of Mp3 files really depends on the quality of the encoder - generally, Mp3 VBRs are considered better than regular Mp3s.

For your reference (regarding Mp3 VBR settings with MusicMatch), please review the following excerpt from Using MusicMatch Jukebox for Quality MP3's

First you will need to go to Options->Settings->Recorder to display the control panel seen here. You will see that I have selected MP3 CBR (constant bit rate) at 320 kbps (thousand bits per-second). I choose this setting for three reasons. First, I want the track play time to be displayed properly. If an mp3 is ripped using VBR, the track time will seem to jump around. Second, I like to use another program to normalize the volume of my MP3's and reduce their bit rate and size for burning to CD. By choosing a high bit rate initially, I do not loose any quality when processing the files for portable play. Third, my ears cannot tell the difference!

It is true that VBR (variable bit rate) will produce MP3's that are closer to the original track than CBR. So if you are not worried about track time display, then you may wish to encode using VBR. VBR works by cranking up the sampling rate when a track has a lot of fidelity and cranking the sampling rate back down when there is no need for it. This should result in a smaller file size than an MP3 encoded at 320kbps CBR since at some point in the song the sampling rate will be less than 320kbps. Adjusting the VBR slider to the right increases the maximum and minimum sampling rates for better sound.

I think this is a sonicstage problem, I'm haveing this problem at this moment but with a sandisk 2GB card.

And yet again it does transfer fine to my 32MB card!?

*Goes to check on SonicStage*

Oh it crashed! AHHHH

(I'll dig out my dads cardreader, see if it works better with that)

Edit:

Sonicstage didn't recodnice it! Nothing new here! :lol:

Edited by DannyB37