SI: Sony VAIO SA and SB Series Details Pop up

Rate this question

Christopher

Question

DSC00417-450x253.jpg

Sony has not officially introduced the new line up of VAIO notebooks, however we have mentioned before and a chatter on the internets showed up some commotion about the upcoming VAIO SA/SB series. Like with other VAIO models, Sony is sticking with its alphabetic naming scheme (just look at the generations of E series that started with EA and currently at EF modification). So it was pretty much expected to see the S series VAIO evolve into newer updated line. So according to good lads and girls at notebookreview.com some European vendors have been spilling information about the SA/SB series. There is nothing totally groundbreaking, however the specs look pretty good and weight wise it is not bad at all. Looks wise, we think that the concept VAIOs that were introduced at CES very well might be the new SA/SB series.

DSC00418-450x253.jpg

SA series look to be more premium type offering Solid State drives, Intel i7 CPU, while SB series will feature i5 CPU and lowed end graphics. Here are a few examples of the upcoming models that surfaced in Europe:

SA Series:

VPC-SA1Z9E 13.3″/i7-2620M/8GB/256GB SSD/HD663M 1GB/WIN7PRO/1.46KG , 2.799,00

VPC-SA1X9E/XI Intel Core i7-2620M Processor, Windows 7 Professional 64bit, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM Memory, 128GB Dual SSD (RAID 0), 13.3″ WXGA++ (1600×900) VAIO Display Plus, AMD Radeon HD 6630M + Intel HD Graphics 1GB, DVD SuperMulti Drive, HDMI, 802.11a/b/g/n

1 answer to this question