LIP-3WM Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Batteries

Rate this topic

jim.hoggarth

Hi all. I have been asked by a customer where he could get a new LIP-3WM battery for his Sony MZ-N10. I of course replied: "just look on eBay, you will find what you are looking for". Nope. And I have googled world-wide for LIP-3 and Sony N10 battery, and absolutely nothing like a sales link comes up. Has anyone any idea what has happened to these batteries? Surely they have not disappear off the market totally?

Jim, perplexed.

oops! That will teach me to work late into the morning. The battery is the LIP-3WMB. That brings them up now, but why did LIP-3WM not fin them as a substring? Think I need to go to bed....

Buy LIP-4 battery. First open all the cover of LIP-4. then you can small PCB. just remove the PCB using soldering iron or else. Do the same things with LIP-3 batteries. take the small PCB from LIP-3 and put to LIP-4 battery cell use soldering iron. Then cover you new battery, make sure it won't have electronics shortcuts. You'll have a new long lasting battery. It works on my MZ-N10.

• Like 2

Buy LIP-4 battery. First open all the cover of LIP-4. then you can small PCB. just remove the PCB using soldering iron or else. Do the same things with LIP-3 batteries. take the small PCB from LIP-3 and put to LIP-4 battery cell use soldering iron. Then cover you new battery, make sure it won't have electronics shortcuts. You'll have a new long lasting battery. It works on my MZ-N10.

You know I did think of something along these lines, and I am glad you have confirmed it. Unfortunately that will be fine for my own own use, but I don't think it will impress customers who purchase renovated N10s from me. So it looks like I am paying a hefty whack for new batteries, or just scrapping perfectly good N10 machines for parts!