More woes with Minidisc & Sonicstage

Rate this topic

Alancee1965

Originally tried using MZ-RH1 with a Macbookpro , running Sonicstage 4.3 through windows XP through parallels, Would only accept transfer in Net MD mode. Not able to utilis the full potential and not finding any way of recording to Hi-MD, i went back to using a PC (Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit), up until today that seemed to work, allowed me to do a full 13 hours on an Hi-MD formatted 80 minute standard MD. However Have switched mode to standar NET MD on player, and now Windows seems to want a new driver, have downloaded all drivers i Know of and pointed the updater to relevant folders only to be told the drivers are up to date.

Now, Sonicstage does not recognise the player (and BTW Explorer has not shown it as an external drive at ANY time), and on opening Sonicstage (normally and as Admin ) have had several error messages, usually with the Sonicstage Library wanted something or another, click on YES and the next box shows just a yellow triangle with exclamation mark, over & over and over.

Now thinking that MD is gonna end up on eBay, please help.

Sorry not technical, and in no way a programmer, have tried re-installs and re-boots but alas no joy.

Cheers for reply

Tried all the drivers and tweaks, just not working can get MZ-RH1 to be recognised in Windows Vista Home Basic 64 Bit as Hi-MD, but as soon as i try the Net MD mode, it goes a-hunting for drivers, tried editing the .inf files and uninstalling and reinstalling with drivers quoted, but alas no joy.

Not terribly competent on doing much with system and wish there was a straight-out-of-the box way of doing things.

Have resorted to using 2 machines now. and possibly less frustrating for me, but power consuming.

If anyone has a straight forward simple way it would be greatly appreciated.

You need the driver from the other thread.

http://forums.sonyin...indows-7-64bit/

Note that it is the featured download.