Which Sony MP3 player to buy?

Rate this question

Sony_Fan

Question

I was browsing through the Best Buy website and they only have 3 of the MP3 players that I'm interested in: 4GB, 8GB, and 16GB versions. I think these are the E and S series. My questions, do all these 3 MP3 players have the same sound quality when playing back music, or do they have different amplifiers? Thanks.

7 answers to this question

I'm hoping I'll get a response this time. I'm considering buying an S series Sony 8GB Mp3 player. My questions is does it have equalizers (bass and treble controls) and does it have a LINE OUT function in the menu settings? The BestBuy website isn't very specific on this. Thanks.

No line out in the settings, but this is a line out for the Sony players (I use one myself in the car): http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B003UCI2CI

Thanks. I'm really looking into moving away from Minidisc and just using a Sony MP3 player. ATRAC SP 292kbps is the best compression codec out there, no question about it. But recording in real time and then titling the tracks, and finding a way to normalize all the tracks takes too long. So I'd rather just use a real MP3 player and MP3gain.

I was browsing through the Best Buy website and they only have 3 of the MP3 players that I'm interested in: 4GB, 8GB, and 16GB versions. I think these are the E and S series. My questions, do all these 3 MP3 players have the same sound quality when playing back music, or do they have different amplifiers? Thanks.

Japan Edition are the best!

They do not have the sound limitation!

I wonder how to get them!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3P11ILIXJDF5T/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00342UXB2&nodeID=&tag=&linkCode=#wasThisHelpful

this is the link and someone put some sites where to buy the unrestricted one, but they are all with the limitation!

I contacted them.

Even if you get the Japan edition it only has the Japanese symbols...