Sonicstage 3.4 doesn't work

Rate this topic

Blade 122

I just installed sonicstage 3.4 on windows 7 but it says simple burner does not install on this operating system. When I go to use sonicstage I get a message - must be logged on as administrator or power user to use all functions... I was under the impression simple burner worked with the virtual XP system on windows 7. How do you get it to work?

1. Forget 3.4. Honestly. Use the special version of 4.3 called "Ultimate" by one of our members (it has nothing to do with which version of Windows Ultimate/Professional/Home)

2. SB so far no one has working. Probably will not.

3. If you are running Windows6/64 (most new computers) then you need the NetMD760 driver from the downloads section. Install this before SonicStage.

2. SB so far no one has working. Probably will not.

I did get it working for a while running Virtual XP. Currently Simple Burner can see the MD; it recognises the CD and gets Gracenote to retrieve the details, but it then tries to carry out a check on the read functionality of the CD drive and this fails every time. I've tried it with different CDs and both the CD drives in my PC, but without success. It's frustrating to be so near, yet so far away. Any ideas Stephen?

I don't. Sorry I forgot about virtual XP. There's probably a flag saying "CD drive is OK" but I simply don't know where it is. Perhaps running one of those registry watcher utilities might tell you where, you know before and after sort of deal.