NW-A3000 Database Issue

Rate this topic

markd

used verion 4 on A3000 a few times no problem then it locked up after trying to connect for 7 mins with an error on the PC ” cannot use intelligent facilities becaus the connected antrac device does not have the updated database. Disconnect and connect device again to update datbase. Did just that and go same error again and again. disconnected and started A3000 up and al the music files had disappeared 2200 of them. . reconnect - same error. Came with error on a3000 - no music files. but on connectiong to pc and search for them they were there!

Had to initialize disk again and reload files and all works again. but 5 days on the same problem.

Also finding music files on A3000 is much slower after upgrade.

I've had issues where the database "disappears" from the device, but this was back in dec-jan time frame, and this doesn't happen anymore. When it did happen, I hooked it up to CP and it quickly reupdated the library and all good now.

perhaps you could list your pc specs, what program and version you are using, what update of windows, how many songs in the library, etc.

Sorry for double posting.

Specs as below

A3000 with version 3 hardware upgrade and Sonic stage CP

PC running windows XP, 2 Gb ram, athon 64 3800, 2SATA harddrives 200Gb (not running raid), Abit motherboard, Abit X800pro graphics card. creative sound card

Connect was running fine no problems. new version CP came out so upgrade to that, lost libary 3 times now with same error. may have sorted it -I think the A300 was trying to recharge via USB on PC at same time as SSCP was trying to update libary. last couple of connections I have charged up via mains adapter 1st and not had a problem

sorry forgot xp has all upgrades added, zone alarm firewall and avg virus guard.

Songs aprox 2300. A300 has 2gb spare.

If CP was running fine before with no problesms why upgrade to sonictstage????

in truth SSCP is worse in structure and development than CP.

I seriously don't know why people upgrade to SSCP if CP works fine for them. just because sony releases a new program, don't mean you gotta upgrade.

post-6863-1124116294_thumb.jpgpost-6863-1124116312_thumb.jpg

ITS HAS HAPPENED AGAIN. tHIS TIME GOT SOME SCREEN DUMPS THAT MAY BE OF USE SEE ATTACHED. DISCONNECT AND RECONNECT ONLY GOES TO UPDATING DEVICE DATABASE WHICH HANGS AT 40% THEN SSCP CRSAHES AND I GET A WINDOWS POP UP TO REPORT PROBLEM!

ONLY WAY OUT INTINALIZE A3000 AGAIN AND RELOAD MUSIC!

5 TIMES NOW THIS HAS HAPPENED!!

Markd, i have the same error on my NW-A1000.

I´ve lost my library 2 or 3 times, also the database update hangs at 40%.

I have:

SS CP

V 3.0

512 MB RAM

CENTRINO M740

100 GB

(HP PAVILLION DV4030US)

RTN

I wonder how my other have this problem. searched web to find answer -notihng. even sony don't understand why.

Deleted SSCP and data files for it. Reinstalled SSCP everything work ok at moment.

One common problem I have just noted was that I did have other stuff downloading onto computer at time that database crashed, wonder if that was the cause- time out / hang problems?

Will investigate.

regards

Mark

Markd, i was not downloading anything at the time the DB crashed.

Im installing Connect Player to try it....also to see if it organizes my music on the player (artist order is a mess)

I cant believe no one else had this problems...!

Since deleting sscp and libary folders on hard drive and starting a fresh it all appears to be working OK.

Glad to hear.

Hope you preparred yourself if this should happen again....because it will.

:D:clover:

• 2 weeks later...