AIWA AM-HX30 PERSONAL MINIDISC PLAYER

Rate this topic

fourbanks

It takes a standard gumstick battery. That is not the original battery charger, by the way (unless Aiwa shipped some boxes with a different charger - Sony did this once supplying the MW305 instead of the AC-ES305). I don't know if that makes the package look like less of a bargain, personally I think it is a bit expensive. And if the charger is non-original, what other bits are not 'mint'?

Jim

It takes a standard gumstick battery. That is not the original battery charger, by the way (unless Aiwa shipped some boxes with a different charger - Sony did this once supplying the MW305 instead of the AC-ES305). I don't know if that makes the package look like less of a bargain, personally I think it is a bit expensive. And if the charger is non-original, what other bits are not 'mint'?

Jim

So jim you think their could be a problem here in not getting a battery or is it the same as the Sony battery? or you think this is maybe not for me.? My aiwa is by far the best sounding portable i have come across hence i was thinking this is as good ?

So jim you think their could be a problem here in not getting a battery or is it the same as the Sony battery? or you think this is maybe not for me.? My aiwa is by far the best sounding portable i have come across hence i was thinking this is as good ?

The battery is actually pictured. It is black with green lettering - pretty sure this is a Panasonic Nickel Cadmium battery. Probably on its last legs.

Jim

What about this one Jim for sound quality looks very cheep ?

http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_cp_ce_1

This is the cheap portable they brought out using the same chassis, motors and chipset as the N510. Sound is fine, usual Sony quality. The build quality is the same as the N510, N520 and the rest of that era. I personally dislike them as the display is so small, it only shows a few characters and you seem to wait ages for the track titles to scroll by.

If the Aiwa is genuinely 'as new' it could be a relatively good purchase, certainly if you could get it cheaper, but I doubt it is new as the charger is wrong, and it is a Panasonic battery. Aiwa gumsticks are mainly silver with an orange strip at one end, if I remember correctly.

Blatant sales plug: I have plenty of players in stock, mostly Sony of course. If anything takes your fancy while you peruse the market, just shout.

Jim

Forgot to mention - the Sony E310 has no remote control socket either, and only takes AA dry batteries, no charger socket.

Jim

This is the cheap portable they brought out using the same chassis, motors and chipset as the N510. Sound is fine, usual Sony quality. The build quality is the same as the N510, N520 and the rest of that era. I personally dislike them as the display is so small, it only shows a few characters and you seem to wait ages for the track titles to scroll by.

If the Aiwa is genuinely 'as new' it could be a relatively good purchase, certainly if you could get it cheaper, but I doubt it is new as the charger is wrong, and it is a Panasonic battery. Aiwa gumsticks are mainly silver with an orange strip at one end, if I remember correctly.

Blatant sales plug: I have plenty of players in stock, mostly Sony of course. If anything takes your fancy while you peruse the market, just shout.

Jim

Forgot to mention - the Sony E310 has no remote control socket either, and only takes AA dry batteries, no charger socket.

Jim

Thanks jim i will probably hold fire and get the black Sony MZRH1B.EU8 Hi-MD Digital Audio Player and Recorder as that is overall the best on offer after my aiwa

my sony 909 is very good but falls just short of the aiwa i find which is odd as i throught the 909 came out after the aiwa am f80

Jim, why don't you contact phamcu to know if he has some spare parts for you ? I will be in France at Christmas so I will be able to send it to you. If you make a deal, you could pay on my own Paypal account, then I pay him in VND. Note that he need to translate english with Google (he has vietnamese friends fluent in english too).