Minidisc with NetMD

Rate this topic

H4rry

I'm looking for a full size minidisc stand alone play/recorder with NetMD

What models are available is there a list anywhere I know the machines are no longer made but may be able to pick a s/h one up on ebay but a model number will make this a lot easier.

Regards

H4rry

The only NetMd deck I know is the Sony JB980 which I have - I only ever used it a few times as Net MD as performance is poor compared to many portables - transfer is very slow. It is also expensive to buy 2nd hand ( in the UK any way ) The JB980 is a nice deck, but not for its NetMD feature. A cheap portable maybe the best thing here for net Md - the Sony MZ-NH600 does a good job - it also does Hi MD

There's also the MDS-JE780

With NetMD you can also get a bookshelf model. The three that come to mind are

CMT-C7NT

CMT-M100MD

CMT-M333NT (and M373NT).

These may work out less expensive in the long run, and they seem to work really well. The only thing they do NOT have is digital output suitable for putting into a stereo system.

Thanks for the reply's.

By the sound of things I would be better making do with what I have a Sony MDS-NT1

I purchased the NT1 so i could write tracks onto MD from my laptop in a hurry so they could be played in my car, but the speed has not been as fast as I thought it would be.

I don't really like the sonicstage software but there is nothing else out there so I just may put up with it.

The thought was to find out what else was out there in the NetMD world and work from there.

as for digital outputs that's not a problem I have a number of machines that can do this.

Regards

H4rry

The fastest transfer is probably to HiMD machines, which you can still use to make "LoMD" disks. Probably the most available of these (in Britain) is the NH700.

In terms of software you might be better off with Simple Burner. However getting it to work is harder than SonicStage. The result is probably better because you no longer have protected tracks on the MD.

I love your signature/name. Are you a Tom Lehrer fan?