Sony SME-9800 Minidisc Duplication System... on eBay

Rate this topic

PhilippeC

This topic should be in the classifieds section but I think everybody will be interested in this machine :

Sony SME-9800 Minidisc Duplication System

http://cgi.ebay.fr/G...=item4cfc779f3d

http://images.market...481/g85119a.jpg

For information, Pham Cu (phamcu) has several Sony MDS-W1 in Vietnam, and he is able to hack the W1 such as the unit can make a real copy, not only a transfer of tracks.

I think I understood from other MDS-W1 owners that a hack is not strictly necessary - just a minor use of service mode to prevent writing of TOC on the drive that the track is copied FROM.

I've heard of "white elephant", this machine(S?) is clearly a "black elephant"!?!?

I think I understood from other MDS-W1 owners that a hack is not strictly necessary - just a minor use of service mode to prevent writing of TOC on the drive that the track is copied FROM.

Correct. Lossless copy, as well as lossless defragmentation, are standard MDS-W1 features. The MDS-W1 gives you unlimited ownership of your recordings, within the SP and MONO world, without hack.

hello

I've got an W1 deck and I know how to make lossless copies of recordable mds (Sp or mono recorded) using service mode.

Would Phamcu hack allow to do the same with prerecorded Mds .

Mz-rh1 allows to transfer prerecorded mds to pc and convert to Wav.

But I think precorded md's are recorded in 20 bits definition (although lossy atrac algorythm...). This 20 bits définition is lossed during the conversion to wav.

hello

I've got an W1 deck and I know how to make lossless copies of recordable mds (Sp or mono recorded) using service mode.

Would Phamcu hack allow to do the same with prerecorded Mds .

Mz-rh1 allows to transfer prerecorded mds to pc and convert to Wav.

But I think precorded md's are recorded in 20 bits definition (although lossy atrac algorythm...). This 20 bits définition is lossed during the conversion to wav.

As Pham Cu don't have prerecorded MD, he will not be able to make a test.

Is there any problem during your own test with the service mode solution ? Why don't you simply record in real time your prerecorded MD on your PC with a MD deck with optical out ?

Because that reduces the data to pure 16 bits, inferior to Atrac's 24

I could be a question of audio card settings. I check mine for curiosity : Creative - Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum, "Enregistrement en 16 ou 24 bits aux fréquences d'échantillonage de : 8, 11.025, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 et 96kHz ". I never recorded line in anyway.