sonicstage 4.3 and vista

pierred

Hello,

new on this forum I hear many people can have ss 4.3 work with vista and seven.

sorry but on my Vista computer it doesn't work

I downloaded the software from the download section of this great forum, installed it on my pc but when I start (as administrator)

sonicstage 4.3 Iget the message :

the selected music file cannot be played because the system information has been changed.

run the sonicstage system information restore tool.

error : 00004e2e

this tool starts then tries to connect to the internet then I get a ! and that's all

I don't understand the sentence found on the forum :

NOTE: If you have applied the experimental SonicStage patch 4.3.02 for Vista/Windows 7, you'll need to re-apply it after installation.

What is the patch? is it the software sonicstage 4.3 or is it another little file you have to add to your system after installing sonicstage 4.3?

thanks

any idea ?

Sorry, my fault

IWhen starting the program I rightclicked and in properties I asked to start in XP mode.

When I later asked to start in normal (Seven) mode everything was ok;

I installed the driver netmd 760 and my mz n910 can now be used on the computer windows 7 64 bits

I love you !!!

How is it possible than sony didn't do anythong?

Who's the guy who found the solution (driver + sonicstage ultimate edition?)

these guys deserve a reward.

Hmmm, Joyeux Noel! But you titled this thread Vista. Really it's all about 64-bits, I think.

A team of us (I don't actually have 64-bits running here but helped to put together things for other people to try; mikami in Japan who spotted the driver with X-App, the successor to Sonic Stage, Azureal who, with me, kept on adding new models to the list accepted by the driver, and Chris the owner of the site who kept on encouraging us). And Avrin who simplified and improved SS ("ultimate") to make it easily install.

In addition I went ahead and did the same trick on NETMD052.SYS so that one driver can be used for 32-bits on all machines - the benefit is that there's no USB slowdown on the RH1 when uploading. Probably I should put that in the download section too, now downloads are working again.

Stephen

Thanks a lot.

You're right I titled Vista.

I've got two computers one with Vista and one with Seven.

The problem was the same and is now solved thanks to you.

Sometimes developers launch softwares and ask a little financial help, I think you should try that.

You spent a lot of time I think. If each of us gave a little it could mean a good reward for you.

Thanks a lot, I'll talk about this great solution around me. French speaking md adepts don't know there is a solution to this problem. Many persons let their MD down just because of Windows Seven.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hi people new peep from DownundeR, and after 3 weeks of searching for ss i've finaly found 4.3 file. so far, so good i have windows vista basic 64 and i am just starting to transfer me tunes to comp but boy file by file sure dose suck to tranfer 12000 of them and if it works 4 me, i'll be good to send you the file your way :imsohappy:.