GYM & ML_Sony - Decent Tools?

Rate this topic

Tometal

Aren't they all useless? Full of bugs and problems, none of 'em workd.

Gym, ML Sony....

Don't know about you, but it works me!!

While its a bitch to get going, once you get the dicipline down...its managable

Well, I think that GYM is fantastic! I was able to pull 8GB of MP3s off my NW-HD1 using it.

I did notice what seems like an error in the directions to generate keys: At the part where you delete the test files from your library, it says to also delete the source files (which I interpret to mean to delete the actual files, not just the entries in the library). I couldn't get the program to work unless I left the actual files intact.

Anyway, after that it worked great! Gave a modest $$$ to the author as thanks :)

-J. P.

GYM was so awfully complicated to get going that I deleted it before it'd even started.

ML_Sony is OK, if you use Winamp and *only* use MP3.

Since I (and presumably the vast majority of users) know about as much about writing software as I do about flying to the moon, suggesting assisting the great open-source development is pretty redundant. So all we can do is hope that those with the knowledge can do it for us.

And my requests to creators/writers of both are:

GYM - make it simpler to set up

ML_Sony - WMA support?

And the big request to the world in general - Windows Media Player plug-in, please...? Pretty please...? I'll be your bestest fwend... :-)

Edited by Mad King Soup

.......Since I (and presumably the vast majority of users) know about as much about writing software as I do about flying to the moon, suggesting assisting the great open-source development is pretty redundant. So all we can do is hope that those with the knowledge can do it for us..........

You know that the comment Xispe made was just being sarcastic, right? :wave:

It is true that it was confusing at first, but all you need to do is follow the directions. I know it took me several times to install/uninstall to get it to work. I have no clue why it started to work, or even why doing the proces several times would change something. All I know is that it works and its much better than SS, because of the sole fact that I can download the tracks from my player in mp3 format back to the computer and ANY computer. That alone pays off for all the work required.

And the big request to the world in general - Windows Media Player plug-in, please...?

To accomplish this it would be nearly impossible. You got 2 huge issues that need to be dealt with: M$ WMP code & Sony's code.....both of which are not open source. :sad:

Edited by JSP62

You know that the comment Xispe made was just being sarcastic, right? :wave:

I reckon that's what he'd claim (but deep down secretly mean it, in a Freudian sort of way), but sander151187's? :unsure::)

All I know is that it works and its much better than SS, because of the sole fact that I can download the tracks from my player in mp3 format back to the computer and ANY computer. That alone pays off for all the work required.

Maybe I'll try again one day. Unfortunately I have high expectations of software to work first time, which is probably why I'm so totally hacked off with Sony's insulting attempts!

To accomplish [WMP support] it would be nearly impossible. You got 2 huge issues that need to be dealt with: M$ WMP code & Sony's code.....both of which are not open source. :sad:

I can dream, can't I? B)

GYM & ML_Sony are very good tools, but they need further development. The authors are busy, so if you like to make it better you have to try it yourself. I made some small improvements myself to ml_sony.

Hi

I would realy like to know the improvements you have made. And if whe can download your version..

Thanx :D

I habe changed the location where the files are stored. Instead of C: (witch was too small on my pc) it's now D:. I also changed the language from english to dutch.

I compiled it with Visual C++ 6.0 but after compatibility problems I deleted it, so I can't make more improvements :sad: . I am now trying to understand GYM, but this is my first experience with C++ so I am not very good with it.

I habe changed the location where the files are stored. Instead of C: (witch was too small on my pc) it's now D:. I also changed the language from english to dutch.

I compiled it with Visual C++ 6.0 but after compatibility problems I deleted it, so I can't make more improvements :sad: . I am now trying to understand GYM, but this is my first experience with C++ so I am not very good with it.

Ok thank you for your information.

greetings from Holland

Auke