Album/Cover Art for ATRAC files on the PSP

Rate this question

acekat13

Question

When I purchase music via Sony Connect Store and transfer them to my PSP, I can see the album cover art on the psp screen. When I click and drag album art to files I didnt get from the sony music store, the art shows up on my PC in sonic stage but is not there when I transfer those files to my PSP. How do I get the album art from a .gif or .jpeg file into sonic stage to where it will transfer to my PSP? Is it not possible?

Edited by acekat13

16 answers to this question

You will need to ensure that the music file in question has an album cover art tagged to it properly. To check if the album cover art is present, view properties of the music file in question. If it's present, it should appear within the PSP upon transfer. Otherwise, just utilize SonicStage and add your desired cover art (using .jpg source) accordingly.

As much as people bash Sonic Stage, I'm actullay starting to quite enjoy using it, especially with the latest release. It doesn't crash anymore, and has all sorts of intuitave little touches that make things much easier and I enjoy the simple layout. I've even started using it in preference to WMP as my primary music playing app. on my PC.

Guest Stuge

As much as people bash Sonic Stage, I'm actullay starting to quite enjoy using it, especially with the latest release. It doesn't crash anymore, and has all sorts of intuitave little touches that make things much easier and I enjoy the simple layout. I've even started using it in preference to WMP as my primary music playing app. on my PC.

New version i.e version 4.3 didn't gave that much of headache in Windows Xp ,but In Windows Vista it gave me a lot of headaches (The main purpose of release of SonicStage 4.3 was to make it compatible with Windows Vsita ,but it failed )

Yes,you can do this .

First Click on the album of your Choice,then Follow the instructions below .

Stuge, great picture. It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words.

Is there anyway to add images to multiple files?

Just one note. This is the safest method to add album art using drag and drop. However, this can be done at the top level. SonicStage will prompt you if you want to add the images to multiple files. Unfortunately, the options are yes and no with no cancel.

If you need to drag and drop multiple images, the second method would be quicker.

Stuge does this make sense. Again thank you for the picture.

Hi I'm new to the forum so not sure of your etiquette or If Im asking this in the right place... but I have just purchased a Sony NW-806 - Yes I prefer Sonic Stage ! have read your notes re loading files and have managed to assign album covers to individual tracks on an album but they dont appear on the album screen - and its driving me bonkers - (its nice to get them on the tracks individually but the real benefit is being able to see them on the album screen - Please someone help ! oops just noticed this is a PSP section Ill post it here while I look for the right place

DavidJ, you have to make sure that the album art is assigned to the album in Sonicstage. If you set your view in sonicstage to "albums" then right click on the album and select properties you can assign art to the album there. I don't have an Sony NW-806 but I would have thought that would work

David - silly question, but have you tried downloading the cover from somewhere else and then reapplied it again?

I have 3 covers that refuse to display on the player no matter how many times I apply them.

I must admit I am too idle to practise my own theory by downloading the cover from somewhere else, so I've given up for now.

But it's something you might want to try?

Oh, and I assume you've already tried physically dragging the album art on to the main cover in the library? Then you'd get a message asking if you wanted to assign the cover to all the tracks.

Sorry if I've said the same things as other people, but I sped-read the posts, and forgot them immediately. . . :blink:

Edited by juli

No not a silly question ! I've been up three nights past 1:30 trying to sort this out So Ill take any (Uhhum) Offers! !!But I'm afraid I have and no it doesnt work the weirdest things is they appear on each track on the A806 but not on the album bit on it - As you have had more success than me when u transfer do you get the album cover appearing in the sonic stage Atrac Audio Device window ? (i dont but I guess it should show as the sample track that came with the A806 does)

No Juli not a silly question ! I've been up three nights past 1:30 trying to sort this out So Ill take any (Uhhum) Offers! !!But I'm afraid I have and no it doesnt work the weirdest things is they appear on each track on the A806 but not on the album bit on it - As you have had more success than me when u transfer do you get the album cover appearing in the sonic stage Atrac Audio Device window ? (i dont but I guess it should show as the sample track that came with the A806 does)

David, funny you should ask - but I have one particular album on my player that does the reverse. It has a 'front' cover in the library AND on the player - but it displays the Walkman cover when I plug in the device!!

As I can see it on the player - it makes no sense why I can't see it on the device when it's plugged in, but I've long since given up trying to reason with SS.

Can you confirm a couple of things?

1. You can view individual track cover art ON your unit?

2. You cannot view the MAIN album cover ON your unit?

3. Does the screenshot you posted contain the 'individual art' for each track? Is that the album you were referring to before, or did you use it as an example?

4. You're using a jpeg or bitmap file?

5. Where exactly CAN'T you see the album art appear?

Hi Juli answers to your questions ...

Can you confirm a couple of things?

1. You can view individual track cover art ON your unit? Yes

2. You cannot view the MAIN album cover ON your unit? No to confirm thats on the screen where you can see all the album 'titles' in my case in all views instead of the cover i just get the walkman logo - though i assume this works as the tracks that came preloaded have theirs displayed there)

3. Does the screenshot you posted contain the 'individual art' for each track? Is that the album you were referring to before, or did you use it as an example? yes it does for each track but not the 'album' cover I have tried this on loads of albums and they all show against the individual tracks on the a806 but not the album section I've deleteed these and reloaded them in an attempt to get them to show and deleted them again...

4. You're using a jpeg or bitmap file? jpeg

5. Where exactly CAN'T you see the album art appear? On the Album screens on the A806 player (see 1.)

Thanks again for your help