Bad colors on VAIO VGN-NR11Z/T

Rate this question

hbox82

Question

Hello @ all.

I have a problem with the colors on my VAIO. I just got the laptop from a friend so I don' know how long the problem exists or whats the reason that it occured.

The problem is the color on the screen, especially black. It's difficult to describe, so I attached two files. The first one made with a camera to show how it appears on my screen, the second one the original foto. I Hope it's recognizable.

If you remember the old lcd-Screens when you tilt these to far back - thats the colors look like on my screen now :(

Dows anyone know what the problem can be? I tried to refresh the driver of the graphics module, but there is no newer one.

The craziest thing is: Shortly before the screen turns off (on my computer after 10 minutes), the colors changes to the right ones (as you can see in the second picture) for a fraction of a second, and than it switches off. Is there any setting influencing this?

Some more information:

There is still Windows Vista on my computer, but I planned to upgrade to 7. But I don't know if this would fix the problem.

When I make a screenshot and save the file, its in right color when opening it on another computer.

I cannot connect a second monitor now, but I guess it would be the same result.

Thanks a lot for reply.

post-130417-0-64950500-1342255131_thumb.

post-130417-0-97375400-1342255179_thumb.

1 answer to this question

Sorry for double post, but I solved the problem (for anyone who will have the problem in the future).

Just right click on desktop -> graphic settings and then ajust the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for mobile color correction to standard and everything works fine.