What would you like to see in SonicStage CP?

Rate this topic

The R-W!N8r

The idea is to come up with new functions that could enhance SS or CP's functionality.

My idea:

a queuing line - When a song is playing, you select an other song and that song will be put in the queue. When the current song is finished, the song from the queue will be played. After that song the next song is decided upon the playmode and taking the initial song as last played. Thus is you use normal play, song 5 is playing, you select song 8 to queue. First song 5 will play, then song 8 and then song 6.

The queue line should contain up to 5 songs or so.

It's a bit like a 'program' function that some players have, except you don't have to select all songs before, but you can do it while playing.

You got any idea's for new/adjusted functions??

1. To be able to view the music on my walkman the same way as I can view the music on on the computer.

2. When syncing, be able to see exactly what is going on, not just a progress bar.

3. Auto-Sync, so any changes to the music on the computer are automatically mirrored on the Walkman.

4. Better dynamic playlists, so every detail can be configured.

5. Cleaner interface.

W!n8r, I admired the fact of this post and the need to make suggestions, but what is your goal for this??

We all know there are many problems, too many to even mention.

Are you hoping that a Sony Tech would read this and essential magically resolve all our greviences?

open source and sdk for sonic stage (but block the encryption black box) so that those of use that can program can have a crack at our own versions that we can make available for others to use at their own risk.

Surely this would be cheaper for sony? Then they could sit back and once a quater add in the best features that others have added.

At least this way they can see what we would likely want to do with it.

-free4

open source and sdk for sonic stage (but block the encryption black box) so that those of use that can program can have a crack at our own versions that we can make available for others to use at their own risk.

Surely this would be cheaper for sony? Then they could sit back and once a quater add in the best features that others have added.

-free4

that would be perfect!

-free4

same here. It would be a great idea if Sony releases the source code of SS. But I'm afraid this will never happen :sad:

Two suggestions come to mind immediately:

1. Don't junk the UI, but at least give the users the option of turning it off and using the standard Windows one. I have the same gripe with iTunes - customised interfaces slow down the program itself (we can't all upgrade at every available opportunity) and, frankly, I'd rather be able to choose Sony's/Apple's one rather than be forced to use it.

2. Turn it into a plug-in so it can still work with Sony's own software, but also as an extension to WMP/Explorer [fat chance I know, but it;s be nice...]

• 2 weeks later...

All I want - other than the software working as best as possible - is a set of transfer options. That way, you could label an album (like an audiobook) as "do not transfer" or one you don't listen to that much as "convert to 132kbs" so that when you do put music on your walkman or whatever, it will automatically move/transfer the things you want and leave the things you don't.

Nav

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see a function like to be able to select next 3 tracks of artist while in all tracks shuffle.

Example artist: Inxs program would shuffle 3 Inxs tracks then shufle another artist.

It does not need to apply to artis it could be album, letter song title, or genre.

I would like to see something added to the hardware, away to recharge your player by solar panel. This could be at the back of the player, and could give you extra playing time, if you dont have access to power points.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I find annoying when managing the music on my HD3 is that I cannot sort the device view on the right like I can the library view on the left. When I'm trying to figure out what music to delete to make room for some new music, it would be nice to be able to sort by artist or genre. Instead, I have to do a linear search through the list of folders that are ordered by the order I transferred them to the unit. It would also make it easy to see if I've already transferred an album to the unit!

Also, it would be nice to be able to right click on a selection (which may contain multiple selections) and determine the amount of data associated with the selection. When importing, you could easily tell if the albums you've selected won't fit, or if you are removing, you can see if you are freeing up enough space before doing the actual deletion.

I do this all of the time in windows explorer when I am moving files around and I wish I could do it within SS rather than having to guess.

I can always dream...

Rich

A major complaint from a lot of people that I too would like to see in upcoming versions of SonicStage CP would be to have unicode support. The player themself supports it, but because of sony doing things differently in different regions, some regions aren't able to show certain languages properly.. so Unicode support would be a major plus

Another thing that I wouldnt mind having is an equalizer.

Anybody remember OpenMG Jukebox? :unsure:

I remember how I used to like to fiddle with the equalizer settings and change the pitch of the songs and stuff, haha (yes, i'm easily amused =P )

Lastly, I think that the software engineers at sony need to work more on stability issues. I personally havn't had any [major] stability problems, as I only import CDs and rip them directly as ATRAC3plus 64kbps. My sister on the other hand has her stuff all in MP3 format and she complains of slowness and crashing sometimes while transfering files to the player.

I think sony should have by default transfering files "as-is", since new users of the software will probably not take the wait of converting files lightly. At least that way, it will be more like the rest of the players out there, and if the consumer themself want to maintain sound quality and be able to fit more music on their players, they can do it at their own discretion.

Off topic but..

Man, we have come a LONG way since the original incarnation of sonicstage/connect (OpenMG Jukebox). That thing was prone to crashing, not as user friendly, and was much more strict with the DRM. For example, even if you ripped music from your OWN CDS that you purchased, you were only allowed 3 transfers! Now, if you rip on your own or obtain music files don't have any DRM restrictions (ie. MP3), you can transfer it out on as many things as you want!

Though progress has been slow with the changes, I find that with each major upgrade to SonicStage, the end-user experience has gotten better.

Edited by aznbro85

Groups that start with 'The *insert word*' to be listed under 'T' like in the previous version of SonicStage. e.g. The Rasmus is listed under 'R' instead of 'T'. I can't be stuffed manually editing all the groups that start with 'The' so that they are listed under 'T'.