discs recorded with CMT-C5 wont play properly on RH1

Rate this topic

nismohks

So i've recently bought a new RH1 and it's awesome listening to my old recordings again :)

Previously i've always used my CMT-C5 md hifi system to record from CDs to MD.

however, one thing i've noticed is that the RH1 doesnt like the recordings made from this hifi, and often the first 2 tracks wont play on the RH1 but will play on my other recorders including the hifi! i've used the High speed CD sync and Normal speed cd Sync, with the High Speed discs barely playing at all and skips.

each time i format the disc first via the hifi and i tried to format the disc using the RH1 as well but results are the same.

i try the same disc in my NH3D and it is fine too....

any idea why?

Two possibilities:

• The RH1 has hardware or software issues. I would think it's software since it has trouble decoding the pre-himd music.
  • The discs have problems or are not the best quality. The RH1 is being too precise or too "picky" when reading the discs.

I don't think it's your C5, because the C5 and all the other players get along fine!

Two possibilities:

• The RH1 has hardware or software issues. I would think it's software since it has trouble decoding the pre-himd music.
  • The discs have problems or are not the best quality. The RH1 is being too precise or too "picky" when reading the discs.

I don't think it's your C5, because the C5 and all the other players get along fine!

Yes the first thing to try is to change disc !