Thoughts/Opinions on MZ-E700 MDLP unit

Rate this topic

Sony_Fan

I have one and it is a cool little unit, and I mean little. It is very small and light weight. There is no display o the unit, so you need a remote with display for any configuration changes. I think it is Type-R DSP. Uses the standard gum stick nickel metal hydride rechargable battery.

It's a cool little machine.

I have one and it is a cool little unit, and I mean little. It is very small and light weight. There is no display o the unit, so you need a remote with display for any configuration changes. I think it is Type-R DSP. Uses the standard gum stick nickel metal hydride rechargable battery.

It's a cool little machine.

Ok cool, how much do you think they are worth (used and great working condition)?

I just realized that I mis-spoke earlier Sony_Fan, the unit I have is actually an E909.

Sorry about that! My description to you was for the E909 unit. I it got for a song, it was part of a three unit deal which included an NH900 and an R700, so placing a value on it is difficult. I think I paid around 150 for all three units three years ago.

PhilippeC makes a good point, if you plan to use it to listen to any LP2 or LP4 recordings, you should look for a Type-S player, most are quite rare in the states.

Whether a unit has Type-S or not isn't a big deal to me. I prefer ATRAC SP recordings. The person who is selling the E700 says that it works and it comes with everything for a very low price. I was just wondering if the E700 is like the MZ-N505 which are really cheap on ebay and even on craigslist.

I just bought the MZ-E700 yesterday and I'm impressed with it's small size and sound quality (SP recordings). I think it's the smallest MD unit i've ever owned, and the rechargeable battery still works! This was a good deal. Now, I just need a simple MD unit with Type-R ATRAC recording.

You just forgot to tell us how much you paid.

A picture shall be welcome too.

I paid $25 for it. It came with all the accessories and original box, but no owners manual. This unit was purchased in Japan by the seller who sold it to me. She just didn't want it anymore. She also included 13 brand new (5 are rare) minidiscs. You can find good deals on craiglists on minidisc units by people who just want to get rid of them at a low price.