Creating Audio CD With SonicStage

Rate this topic

Kona702

Hi everyone,

Quick question....when burning a regular audio CD with sonicstage, if I select to "normalize audio tracks" does this degrade the quality of the tracks by changing the volume?

just curious because by having all the tracks burned at the same volume, it makes it easier to record to a tape or md for the input level adjustments.

Thanks for the help,

Sean

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Quick question....when burning a regular audio CD with sonicstage, if I select to "normalize audio tracks" does this degrade the quality of the tracks by changing the volume?

just curious because by having all the tracks burned at the same volume, it makes it easier to record to a tape or md for the input level adjustments.

Thanks for the help,

Sean

Honestly, I"ve used this feature and I didn't notice any type of volume leveling when playing it back. MP3gain is the only software I know that will certainly make a difference in tracks being made softer or louder. If you are burning MP3s to an audio CD, then use MP3gain to set all the tracks to about the same volume and then burn to CD with SonicStage. MP3gain claims that there is no change in sound quality when adjusting the volume.