MD goodies from my local car boot sale.

Rate this topic

Jimma

I recently thought I'd try my local car boot sale to see if I could find any MiniDisc items for my collection and I've been pleasantly surprised by what I've found so far.

Over the last few Sundays I've acquired:

A Sharp MT-MD290 for my niece for £2.

A brand new boxed Sony MZ-R410 for £5.

A mint (doesn't look like it's ever been used) boxed Sony MZ-N710 for £1, although it is not keen to play so I'll hopefully be sending it to Jim.

A wood and metal Techpoint MD rack and 52 discs for £6.

A Sony PCLK-U5 usb digital audio converter, brand new in box for £1.

And last Sunday I picked up an immaculate Sony MDS-JE530 deck and 3 new discs for £15.

I have also tried putting a message out on my local Freecycle group (where people give things away that they don't need rather than binning them) and I received:

A Sony MZ-R700 and 15 discs.

A mint Sony MZ-R91 and 4 discs.

A mint Aiwa AM-NX9 and two new five packs of Maxell Colour discs.

Amazing what you can find for little or no money if you look hard enough:)

I recently thought I'd try my local car boot sale to see if I could find any MiniDisc items for my collection and I've been pleasantly surprised by what I've found so far.

Over the last few Sundays I've acquired:

A Sharp MT-MD290 for my niece for £2.

A brand new boxed Sony MZ-R410 for £5.

A mint (doesn't look like it's ever been used) boxed Sony MZ-N710 for £1, although it is not keen to play so I'll hopefully be sending it to Jim.

A wood and metal Techpoint MD rack and 52 discs for £6.

A Sony PCLK-U5 usb digital audio converter, brand new in box for £1.

And last Sunday I picked up an immaculate Sony MDS-JE530 deck and 3 new discs for £15.

I have also tried putting a message out on my local Freecycle group (where people give things away that they don't need rather than binning them) and I received:

A Sony MZ-R700 and 15 discs.

A mint Sony MZ-R91 and 4 discs.

A mint Aiwa AM-NX9 and two new five packs of Maxell Colour discs.

Amazing what you can find for little or no money if you look hard enough:)

I'm just curious, what is a local car boot sale? I'm trying to see what the equivalent would be in the United States, so I can go to one of these places. It is like a swap-meet?

Well being a bit jealous of Jimmas stash I just by chance decided to go the the local car boot on sunday (not been for weeks) and staring at me from the third table in was a Sony MZ NH1 :heat: .

I made out I didnt know what it was and the woman said I think it's a mp3 player so I looked into the box and there was about twelve discs, the player and three 1gb discs.

When I saw the 1gb disc I said to the woman that I've got more memory on my phone so I ended up getting it all for a tenner :good:

Only problem is there was no charging dock, but I managed to charge the battery with a universal charger and it all works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, the NH1 really is a nice find UK-MD and the 1GB discs are just the icing on the cake!

In answer to your question Arr, I don't really have any tips. I'm lucky enough to live near a huge car boots which has literally hundreds of stalls every week. I don't always get there early either and some of my best finds have been when I've turned up near the end strangely.

I usually can't be arsed to get up at 7am on a Sunday morning, especially if I've been out the night before.