JB930 and foobar2000 - will not create 2 second gap

Rate this topic

arb226

I have a JB930 deck, and trying to record from my PC via coax through foobar2000. I have the 2 second gap plugin for foobar2000 enabled to have the JB930 creat separate tracks on my MDs, but the 2 second gap on foobar2000 doesn't happen, and tracks on my MDs are just one long track. Why is this? I even manually just stopped playback on foobar2000, but my JB930 just keeps recording even when there is dead silence.

What can I do to correct this?

I am running XP SP3.

Try a test with the "Post-track silence" plugin set to 2200 or 2500ms. From memory I found that 2000ms was not reliable.

Are you sure you have *enabled* the plugin? (eg. it is listed under "Active DSPs").

To check, press CTRL+P, then go to "Playback" > "DSP Manager".

You should not have to fiddle with anything on the JB930, but I'd advise enabling "synchro recording". This will auto-pause the recording when your foobar2000 playlist ends. After a few minutes of being paused it will save the recording.

Ok it seems that even though I had everything all set up, only some tracks would actually be split, while others were not. Even though on the the disc you can clearly hear a gap in between tracks, for whatever reason, it doesn't split all of them.

For example, I have a list of 22 tracks in foobar2000. The first 4 tracks (around 3 - 4 minutes long each) splut fine, but then the next few are 10-23 minutes lon each. Is there some setting on my MD deck to ensure the tracks split? I really don't want to go back to burning albums on CD-R, since my CD player doesn't seem to consistently read CD-R's without skipping (even when burned at 4X).

Ok it seems that even though I had everything all set up, only some tracks would actually be split, while others were not. Even though on the the disc you can clearly hear a gap in between tracks, for whatever reason, it doesn't split all of them.

For example, I have a list of 22 tracks in foobar2000. The first 4 tracks (around 3 - 4 minutes long each) splut fine, but then the next few are 10-23 minutes lon each. Is there some setting on my MD deck to ensure the tracks split? I really don't want to go back to burning albums on CD-R, since my CD player doesn't seem to consistently read CD-R's without skipping (even when burned at 4X).

Yes I got also some times joined tracks. Just record again. Or split the track with a T-mark while listening.

Up the pause time in foobar2000 to be 3000ms and try again. Depending on the music I also get this from time to time.

I am still experiencing the same issue of the MD deck not creating separate tracks, even after setting foobar2000/post-track silence plugin set to 4000.

I think it is the fault of my MD deck continuing to record, even with no input signal (foobar2000 is clearly pausing in between tracks) in between tracks. Is there a setting on my MD deck to split tracks after a certain amount of silence?

It seems hit or miss as far as my MD deck splitting tracks. There seems to be no clear reason when it decides when tracks are split up...

P.S. - I can put my MD's into my Hi-MD/netMD player, connect to my PC via USB, and use Sonic Stage to edit the album and track names.