How loose time. Magneto optical media are all the same?

Rate this topic

sescoscuba

I've always wondered if the magneto optical minidisc of all were the same, so I decided to check out a part of my collection.
I found these variants:

1. Recordable md, someone, the latest, with bar code.

DSC_0354_zpsc886220d.jpg

1st Sony md produced – near all Sony color, Sony Prism, Premium, ES, Red Hot, Bianca, 1st Basic, Lumina, Sparkling, all Neige.

Avox

Axia slim case 74

Bush

Daiso windows, old Daiso, Cutipop.

Denon Old, Lapisia

Seanah natural wave, melodia.

Mitsubishi

Muji

Scouter

Victor / Jvc crystal, Pocop, AR, Color Palette

Virgin

2 ) Someone with letters/ numbers as here

DSC_0353_zpsfc350875.jpg

Maxell Billiard, Twinkle, Sx, Couler, Happy music, Color, Gs, Oz, XL, Gold, Platinum, Monotone, Burari.
Sharp

3 )

DSC_0355_zps011066af.jpg

Axia Vortex, Im all series, Ps all series, Mayor Hits, Cs, Natural Sound, J'z all series, Hello Kitty, Slect your style 74

Basf / Emtec maxima

Daiso Ocean, Master series, Cubemix

Kao

Mmore

Prime Disc

Prime Media

Sunny Tech

Tsutaya Club

Xeus Color, Double shell

4)

DSC_0357_zps45d47b59.jpg

TDK fine 2006, WA, HO, M

Axia J'z last series 80.

5 ) No letters, no numbers, minidisc polish:
TDK Music Jack, Fine, Colo, XA, Gold& Silver, Man & dog, Poshe, Xg, Lucir, Bitclub, PRO METAL.
Tsutaya TR

Each of us can make a conclusion.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm slightly confused by what you wanted to point out here.

How MiniDiscs differ from one manufacturere to the next? Sure, theres going to be differences, disc wise and case/caddy wise.

Do they work any differently? I wouldnt have thought so.

Obviously there are 74 and 80 minutes and there is also HiMD. I'd like to see how a HiMD disc differs from a 74/80 minute disc.

Hello Siles
I advise you to read this:
http://www.minidisc.org/hi-md_faq.html

You will find all the answers you need.

For research on magneto optical disks, there are, among the hundreds of mds I checked, only 5 different variants of inscriptions on the disc.
You force me to write something I did not want to write!; there were probably 5 major sellers of magneto optical disks, which were then inserted into the shell of various manufacturers.
I have no idea if these 5 retailers were also producers or if all the mds came from one vendor and were branded with the buyer's specifications.

Have a nice day

Sergio

Hello Siles

I advise you to read this:

http://www.minidisc.org/hi-md_faq.html

You will find all the answers you need.

For research on magneto optical disks, there are, among the hundreds of mds I checked, only 5 different variants of inscriptions on the disc.

You force me to write something I did not want to write!; there were probably 5 major sellers of magneto optical disks, which were then inserted into the shell of various manufacturers.

I have no idea if these 5 retailers were also producers or if all the mds came from one vendor and were branded with the buyer's specifications.

Have a nice day

Sergio

Ah, that clears it up better. I wasn't sure exactly, and I meant no offence; I just had trouble understand what you were trying to get across, can I assume English is not your first language?

Otherwise, this is very interesting, and I certainly had no idea that they were made that way.