Going To Japan - Where do I look for MD Goodies?

Rate this topic

walkdude

Hello friends, I'm taking a trip to Tokyo, Japan, where would be the best spots to find MD gear at reasonable prices?

I'm looking for a couple MZ-RH1's & maybe an MDLP home deck.

I'm packing light, just my backpack with some clothes, my netbook, my phone and cash for food and hotel.

I'm taking with me my MZ-R500 and a handful of MD's so I can record music from Japanese FM Radio and bring it back with me as a souvenir.

I speak japanese really well, so I won't come off as a smelly foreigner, if I visit back alley shops. (even though I'm only 1/8 asian haha)

Hi
I am three years I'm looking for some Japanese store that sells mds; ever found.
Perhaps you, knowing the Japanese language, you can do a search on the web to start with some address.

good luck (I am very envious)

Sergio

P.S. I offer you $ 10 for each address Japanese store that sells mds and who is willing to ship to Europe (maximum 5 addresses :-)))

Hi

I am three years I'm looking for some Japanese store that sells mds; ever found.

Perhaps you, knowing the Japanese language, you can do a search on the web to start with some address.

good luck (I am very envious)

Sergio

P.S. I offer you $ 10 for each address Japanese store that sells mds and who is willing to ship to Europe (maximum 5 addresses :-)))

Hello friends, I'm taking a trip to Tokyo, Japan, where would be the best spots to find MD gear at reasonable prices?

I'm looking for a couple MZ-RH1's & maybe an MDLP home deck.

I'm packing light, just my backpack with some clothes, my netbook, my phone and cash for food and hotel.

I'm taking with me my MZ-R500 and a handful of MD's so I can record music from Japanese FM Radio and bring it back with me as a souvenir.

I speak japanese really well, so I won't come off as a smelly foreigner, if I visit back alley shops. (even though I'm only 1/8 asian haha)

I don't have an answer for you, just general advice. When I last went about 10 years ago, I found the "off the High St" retailers to have the most interesting stuff, mind you that was in videogames and I bought back a load of rare/obscure games. For MD I don't know. I'd maybe start by asking some of the shop staff if they know other shops in the area. Might want to ask cab drivers too as they get all kinds of requests and know lots of areas of the city well. Finally you might want to ask the same question on the Tokyo Reddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/tokyo

Do they have something like Gumtree/Craigslist there? Then you could prolly do a quick scan of that and arrange to see a load of used MD sellers in one big sprint. I feel the Japanese generally look after their property so I'm sure you'll find some stuff in very good condition.

Hope you will share you experiences and what loot you manage to snag when you return. :-)