is my md recorder obsolete or something?

Rate this topic

i have the mzm200, and i tried to hook it up and use it today after a couple years, but realized i don't have sonic stage anymore, lost the cd, and it isn't on this computer

so, i called customer service and they told me the cd is no longer available, and i can't get sonic stage for windows 7. she said they only have it for windows vista, and sony doesn't even have it, i'd have to check a third party website....

so does that mean i just can't use my minidisc recorder now?

does anyone know what i can do, can i download it somewhere?

i have the mzm200, and i tried to hook it up and use it today after a couple years, but realized i don't have sonic stage anymore, lost the cd, and it isn't on this computer

so, i called customer service and they told me the cd is no longer available, and i can't get sonic stage for windows 7. she said they only have it for windows vista, and sony doesn't even have it, i'd have to check a third party website....

so does that mean i just can't use my minidisc recorder now?

does anyone know what i can do, can i download it somewhere?

The exact link seems to be:

Although it has a big "broken" badge next it. I never use NetMD so hopefully someone who has used this can verify this is the right download?

Your MD is not unusable, you can always record in real-time, it's just not as convenient. Some of us are crazy purist enough to still do that.

There are two parts to your question:

1. Can I get Sonic Stage - answer yes, download it here

2. Will Sonic Stage work with my MZM200. Answer also yes but you MAY need to load the 64-bit driver if you are on Windows 7 since most versions of Windows 7 are 64-bit (there's a 32-bit version but you don't exactly need it). That driver is also available here, but it's not part of the Sonic Stage download.

Hope this helps