LCD Remote thing

Rate this topic

SileEeles

I have two portable players, an MZ-N710 and an MZ-N510.

Both were purchased WITH LCD Remotes, but only one of them is original.

20130806_120627_zps917db429.jpg

The N710 came with its RM-MC33L remote, which is a non-backlit remote. And the one I find is easier to read too.

The N510 from what I understand originally comes with a remote that has no display. The one I received with it is an RM-MC38EL and from what I read in another post:

"RM-MC38EL -- supplied with MZ-NH900 (NA) and MZ-RH1. Same features as the 33EL, with the addition to a Hi-MD input on the LCD."

It works with both my units and the N710 remote works on the N510, so I'm guessing that most of them are interchangeable with devices. I find that the backlit remote (the white one in the picture) is a tad harder to read, it seems faded. And although it looks like some symbols have not shown, such as the battery indicator, it is there. It was just flashing on and off because the battery in the N510 was going flat.

What confuses me though, is something from the quote I posted above. "with the addition to a Hi-MD input on the LCD" I'm guess there's a grammatical error here, but the LCD remote itself has no Hi-MD indicators that I'm aware of, certainly no Hi-MD input on the LCD unless I've mis-understood something.

Ah OK, thanks.

The only thing is the remote doesn't show LP2/4 or SP at all on either the N710 or the N510. Shows it on the main device, but not on the remote.

20130806_151650_zps89d62b8c.jpg

Hence why my confusion led me here. I'm assuming it will say "hi-sp" via the text part of the display (where it scrolls the song names and so on)?

Ignore my previous post - COMPLETELY wrong, sorry.

The 'hi-md' additions are the two icons between the folder (group) and pen (bookmark). The first is to denote artist play, the second is album play. Two (additional) playing methods only available for discs recorded in hi-md modes, and given these extra bits of information.

Sorry for the confusion.

The remote will scroll the recorded mode if you press the display button a few times, or select the option via the unit menu.