Sonic Stage 4.3 Ultimate & Transfering Music To HD1

Rate this topic

mr_yogi

I've just found my old NW-HD1, I haven't used it for years and just listening to a few of the tracks on it remined me of what a fanastic little device it is, with great sound quality for 256bit ATRAC3s.

However all my muisc is now ripped to FLAC format (Squeezebox's and Foobar2000), and I seem to remember having issues transfering music to the HD1 last time I dug it out. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to import my FLAC library into sonicstage so it can be transfered to the HD1? I don't mind making an interim MP3 library if it's possible. I'm runningt win8 but I have access to 7 and Vista machines if that is required, I could even install an XP virtual machine if nessessary.

Cheers

Hi,

SonicStage cannot import Flac-files.

I use MediaMonkey (there are other programs you can use) to convert my flac to WMA-lossless and these WMA-lossless files can be imported by SonicStage and then you can convert these files to Atrac.

I don't convert to WAV in MediaMonkey because in that case I lose my tags and I don't lose them when I convert to WMA-lossless.

If you don't use wma-lossless but for instance mp3 it is better to use CBR and not VBR, because SonicStage sometimes handles VBR-files not good.

For me this method gives a good result.

Bye,

Jan

Thanks for the reply,

like i said I have no problem converting my library to another format for portable use, foobar handles that with ease. Are you sure once WMA's or MP3's have been imported to sonicstage they can be tansfered to the HD1? I ask because I seem to recal adding lots of tracks to SonicStage in the past but not being able to transfer them to my HD1. Can you still sync an HD1 with a new installation of sonicstage?

Hi again,

MP3 and WMA cannot be transfered to your HD1 directly, SonicStage convert these files to atrac, you can choose the ATRAC format and bitrate.

Unless your HD1 has been adjusted for MP3 in that case you can transfer MP3 directly.

I remember that I could sent my HD1 to Sony to rebuild my HD1 to play MP3-files, but I didn't do that because of the amount of money they asked for this adjustment, my HD1 can play ATRAC and ATRAC3 and I think also WAV but I didn't try that.

Bye,

Jan

And yes I can sync my HD1 with the SonicStage ultimate version downloaded from this forum.

I use the HD1 not so often nowadays because of the short live of the battery.