Copy SS Library into Windows 8

Rate this topic

AckAck

Hi folks,

I've tired myself out trying to get this done. Here's the situation:

1. Old Windows XP (SP3) computer died, although the hard drive was still fine.

2. Bought new Windows 8 computer and added old hard drive so I can copy files from it to the new drive.

3. Installed SS 4.3 Ultimate from the site here.

4. Connected our MZ-RH1 via USB to the new computer and Windows 8 installed a PnP driver that seems to be working fine (although maybe slow?) I can copy files from the RH1 into SS 4.3 on the new drive (although like I said, seems to be slower than it used to be).

So:

Where's the library located on my old hard drive and on the new one? I've looked on the old drive in a lot of places: under the Admin account, in program files, etc. & can't find the library. Not sure what I'm looking for, really -- one file or a collection of folders? We only use the RH1 to record live events, if that makes a difference. I figure once I find the old library, I should be able to copy it over to the equivalent location on the new drive and SS will take care of the situation from there. That strategy has worked well enough with other data files using other programs.

Any help would be much appreciated. :scratchhead: Thanks!

Hi,

The databases used by SS are Microsoft Access databases, the location in my case is:

The path is: C:ProgramDataSony CorporationSonicstagePackages

The files are: MtData.mdb and MtType.mdb

I use Microsoft Access sometimes to change the data or to repair and compress the database.

Make a copy before changing something.

Jan

Thank you both! I overlooked a pretty obvious way to get it done: use SS's Import feature & have it search the old drive for all the ATRAC files. It's a little messy (the library has multiple copies of some of the files in it now), but I couldn't find C:ProgramDataSony CorporationSonicstagePackages or anything like it on my old drive, & I'm still not sure where the database is on the new drive. (And don't care as long as I can back it up soon).

Thanks again!

After getting the library set up on the new drive I found the files in the new location. Here's where Windows 8 put them on my computer:

C:ProgramDataSony CorporationSonicStagePackages

(Note: The "ProgramData" folder is hidden.)

On the old drive (Windows XP) it was here:

E:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataSony CorporationSonicStagePackages