FS: Five different portable MDs, discs, and accessories, craigslist

Rate this topic

roflol

It's been a long time since I was here last, but incredibly I remembered my login name and pswd :heat:

We collected six MD players several years ago, transferred a lot of stuff from cassette to MD, played them a while - on vacations, in the car, at home, etc - then just stopped playing them and put them in a box. I'm keeping one player and a few absolutely favorite discs for myself, but the other five players and discs should be getting use if at all possible by folks who know how to use them without consulting the instruction manual. ;}

Looking back at my prior posts, the Hi-MD NH-600 is the world version, not the NH-600D, I can't remember what it was I wanted it specifically for but there you go. The remote I've bundled with the N707 may go with the NH-600; I can't tell and I have yet to find a second remote but if I do will update. Some accessories can be mix and match (obviously not the N707 charging dock and wall charger, sorry; those have to stay with the N707).

I am very willing to negotiate price (did not list individual player prices, but I will part out); however, I do know how to look up completed eBay auctions for general reference so, y'know, "$40 for everything" probably won't get far (my most recent offer). :lol2:

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ele/4301186225.html

I think $200 for the lot is a pretty fair price although Craigslist will rarely get you the best price in my opinion, people are too cheap and want you to give it away. Most people seeing this lot will not even know what they are looking at let alone place a value of $200 on it.

The HiMD 600 unit is the most valuable and could bring $150 in a fair market auction on eBay. All of the other units would likely fetch between $25 and $50 each. They are all very common mid-range units.

I live about 10 miles from I-70 myself! if you were not 600 miles west, I would swing by with $150 cash and try to pick up the lot! ;-)

I think $200 for the lot is a pretty fair price although Craigslist will rarely get you the best price in my opinion, people are too cheap and want you to give it away. Most people seeing this lot will not even know what they are looking at let alone place a value of $200 on it.

The HiMD 600 unit is the most valuable and could bring $150 in a fair market auction on eBay. All of the other units would likely fetch between $25 and $50 each. They are all very common mid-range units.

I live about 10 miles from I-70 myself! if you were not 600 miles west, I would swing by with $150 cash and try to pick up the lot! ;-)

Hello
I agree with Azu for sale prices, maybe a little lower.
Are all entry level models, sold without remote.

I wish you good luck.
Good day to all
Sergio

It's been a long time since I was here last, but incredibly I remembered my login name and pswd :heat:

We collected six MD players several years ago, transferred a lot of stuff from cassette to MD, played them a while - on vacations, in the car, at home, etc - then just stopped playing them and put them in a box. I'm keeping one player and a few absolutely favorite discs for myself, but the other five players and discs should be getting use if at all possible by folks who know how to use them without consulting the instruction manual. ;}

Looking back at my prior posts, the Hi-MD NH-600 is the world version, not the NH-600D, I can't remember what it was I wanted it specifically for but there you go. The remote I've bundled with the N707 may go with the NH-600; I can't tell and I have yet to find a second remote but if I do will update. Some accessories can be mix and match (obviously not the N707 charging dock and wall charger, sorry; those have to stay with the N707).

I am very willing to negotiate price (did not list individual player prices, but I will part out); however, I do know how to look up completed eBay auctions for general reference so, y'know, "$40 for everything" probably won't get far (my most recent offer). :lol2:

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ele/4122103992.html

I recommend you sell all of these on ebay separately. It's very easy to search complete sold listings. Just enter the name of the minidisc unit in the search field, then after the results are displayed, over on the left side you will see a box that says "Sold Listings." That will display what that item has sold for in the past. But remember, sold prices depend on the condition of the item, any accessories included, and whether or not you do international shipping. I bought an MZ-RH910 on Craigslist for less than $25 with a few accessories and Hi-MD discs. I sold it them on ebay for more than $100 plus shipping.

I am about 20 miles from I-70 but I'm even further East than you Azureal, I'm near Pittsburgh. Nice lot for sale also.

I remember noticing you were right up the road a while back, Pittsburgh is a very cool city, I have been there several times!

I recommend you sell all of these on ebay separately. It's very easy to search complete sold listings. Just enter the name of the minidisc unit in the search field, then after the results are displayed, over on the left side you will see a box that says "Sold Listings." That will display what that item has sold for in the past. But remember, sold prices depend on the condition of the item, any accessories included, and whether or not you do international shipping. I bought an MZ-RH910 on Craigslist for less than $25 with a few accessories and Hi-MD discs. I sold it them on ebay for more than $100 plus shipping.

I agree with you Chris, this will be the best way to make the most of the lot you have to sell.

afaik n NH600 won´t ever get anywhere up to 150 bucks. A realistic price is 1/3 of that. RH10´s sell for that but no way for an entry level hi-md ;)

Selling them seperateld is the best way .to earn money.

I think you are right, although this is the far less common NH600 versus the NH600D. The NH600 has Line and Optical inputs as well as the remote jack, DC input with charging circuit. 95% of the 600s on eBay are the NH600D cheaper model.

Appreciate all the input - *input* - that's what I liked about the NH600 versus the D. Not sure I ever used it, but I do like options. Anywho, I do fully agree about eBay being a better place to sell and I have an account there, same name as here, but haven't sold there in a long time, the fees and the hassle just got more annoying to me than it was worth. Craigslist was easier and cheaper for what I was doing. I'm not going to make money on these, I already know it, and I don't really care, they just need new homes but, as y'all have mentioned, seems I'm getting lowballers right now on craigslist. I don't mind, the box of MDs is small and takes up little space, they don't bother me and I'm not desperate. $150 is fine for the whole lot if anybody here wants it :}

Pittsburgh was practically my second home for my childhood, my mom's whole family is there, and we spent a couple weeks every summer near McKnight Road, one of my cousins still lives there in the house mom was born in. :} Love the incline (easily entertained, yes I am).

Sergio, I have a Welsh friend paragliding in Italy right now, the pictures he's posting are really nice. Hope to visit there one day too.

Thanks again for the info. :}

Appreciate all the input - *input* - that's what I liked about the NH600 versus the D. Not sure I ever used it, but I do like options. Anywho, I do fully agree about eBay being a better place to sell and I have an account there, same name as here, but haven't sold there in a long time, the fees and the hassle just got more annoying to me than it was worth. Craigslist was easier and cheaper for what I was doing. I'm not going to make money on these, I already know it, and I don't really care, they just need new homes but, as y'all have mentioned, seems I'm getting lowballers right now on craigslist. I don't mind, the box of MDs is small and takes up little space, they don't bother me and I'm not desperate. $150 is fine for the whole lot if anybody here wants it :}

Pittsburgh was practically my second home for my childhood, my mom's whole family is there, and we spent a couple weeks every summer near McKnight Road, one of my cousins still lives there in the house mom was born in. :} Love the incline (easily entertained, yes I am).

Sergio, I have a Welsh friend paragliding in Italy right now, the pictures he's posting are really nice. Hope to visit there one day too.

Thanks again for the info. :}

Honestly, take some time to list each item separately and don't use rubber bands around minidisc units. You can use a spray wax/cleaner to shine the units up and take pictures. You'll have to do some research and look at the sold listings and price each one accordingly. But that MZ-NH600 will likely fetch over $100. I sold the the NH600D for almost $100 on ebay.

• 5 months later...

Hi Roflol,

I would like to buy your 600 as a backup if it's still available. I'll pay your asking price, which I think is very fair if not outright generous.

I own a 600 which I've had for several years. Despite it's entery level status and plactic case, is a tough workhorse and can make excelent recordings. The higher end, metal case 900 models I have become plagued with operational problems.

Please PM me.

-James / jmsla