T-Station gone?

Rate this topic

LonelyMachines

• 2 months later...

I think it's fair to say that Audio T-Station is DEAD DEAD DEAD! I joined the Facebook group to see if we could have some historical version of the site just to go back to all the cool MD threads that were posted in its long history. I contacted a number of people to offer my help, and have been flatly ignored by all. I did get one moderator explain a bit of history but that was it. Obviously there is no will by ATB moderators to do anything. It's pretty disappointing to say the least

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it is sad to see the T-Station go, but a bunch of us pitched in a year or two ago to get a upgrade to the software. Unfortunately

the plans we were thinking of went nowhere and then what was it a hardware issue this time. I know for me the traffic was next to

nothing and there was no movement on the site so I lost interest in keeping it going.

We're left to Facebook to keep in touch.

The site is currently down, but I believe that Kohn has backups of everything and we can bring it back at some point if there is someone who can help us with migrating off vbulletin to some other platform that would be more suitable for our purposes. I looked into SMF for a short while, but I don't have the time at the moment into delving too heavily into the task.

If you're interested in helping, please reach out to me via PM here or on the Facebook group. My name is Ben Chacko.

Thanks for your interest. I too love the old Audio TBoard and miss it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tapeheads also make resistance

http://www.tapeheads.net/forumdisplay.php?f=140

For me the most impressive audiostation MD topic about printing labels was the "The MD label artwork thread v2.0".

Does somebody has a back up ?

On Sony Insiders we have a similar topic with "Glossy Minidiscs - labeling made EASY - finally!" here :

• 5 months later...

Wow, I hadn't been on there in years.  Found a whole bunch of my MD stuff recently while doing cleaning/organising of the house and decided to check in, see what's going on over there these days.  Did a google search, found this thread. :| I mean yeah I hadn't gone on there (or here for that matter) in ages but quite sad the site/forum is gone now...there was an absolute wealth of information held on those forums.  Even if a lot of it isn't pertinent to modern times/equipment, it's sad if it's totally lost.  Hopefully it was archived or backed up or something?  Perhaps the content can be made available again in the future? 

I still have that site bookmarked and I just checked it out a few days ago. It's still down and that sucks. I used to look through the "label artwork" threads from time to time just to see kinds of labels people were creating. I miss that thread. So I'm guessing that there is no way for anyone to resurrect it at all? What a shame. :-(