Akiba gadgets

Rate this topic

PhilippeC

I still have link to the Victor units on this site that was:

http://www.akiba-gadgets.com/collection_pages/victor_units.htm

As you can see the link is dead. There was a user called 'jonathan10000' or something similar (Slugbahr will correct me) who was a regular on AudioTstation and this was his site. The site went dead about a year or so ago. He did reactive it for a time but it is now dead. I did however download all the pics in that time.

He had quite a collection. This was the site where I discovered the beautiful Victor XM31 and others beside. However this site (with many others) is now just a memory for those who used to frequent it and as with AudioTstation itself will soon be forgotten as a site that was :(

I have a copy of all the images Philippe. I use them as wallpapers on my PS Vita. If you want them, let me know the best way to get them to you. Do you use Drop Box? Alternatively I can post them here if more people want to view them, although I'm not sure what the situation with copyright would be.

Thanks all of you. Jimma, the simpliest thing would be as you say to post them in the same topic or a new one (with the good name, akiba, not akira) if somebody find out about the way to get authorised to publish them here.

Right now I send you a PM with my e-mail.

I got everything with Jimma after creating a Dropbox account, so anybody can ask me to do the same.

Or...

Stephen - God bless our venerate sfbp :friends: - do you think that we can put all these pictures in a new topic base on the akiba-gadgets.com collection template ?

http://web.archive.org/web/20100830060637/http://www.akiba-gadgets.com/collection_pages/kenwood_units.htmcontact

My suggestion would be to create a Picasa site. However the common thread here is Bland10000 and getting his approval. Once you could get in touch with Bland10000 via the Audio T-Station forums. However Audio T-Station is no more so I have no idea how you would get in touch.

Recently I wanted to get in touch with 'JohnBabyDisc' (he who created the MDChannel Picasa site) but again with no Audio T-Station forum then this has proved impossible.

Both users used to be very active in the MD scene (pre 2010) but I believe both have moved on to other recording mediums and are no longer active.

There is a Facebook page for Audio T-Station but neither of them are members. So unless anyone knows the guy directly then I think we will struggle to get his approval.

Tommy (aka Bland10000) is a great guy, although it's been a long time since I heard from him. I may still have his email address somewhere. I bought quite few Japanese blanks from him back in the day. He was also the source for my blue NH-3D - he managed to find a brand new one a couple of years after they had gone out of production.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...