Warning for Jim Hoggarth

fdk

I have sent a MZ-RH1 to Jim Hoggarth because it had recording problems.

He confirmed receiving the device on November the 4th 2013.

He told me that it was not an easy fix and had difficulties sorting the problem.

The last message I received from him was November the 17th 2013. No news since then.

I have sent messages in December and Januari, but got no more reply.

Does anyone know if he might be in hospital or so? Or does anyone has the same experience?

I want my MZ-RH1 back!!! fixed or not.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Unfortunally I have to conclude Jim Hoggarth is not to be trusted.

I have sent a MZ-RH1 to Jim Hoggarth because it had recording problems.

He confirmed receiving the device on November the 4th 2013.

He told me that it was not an easy fix and had difficulties sorting the problem.

The last message I received from him was November the 17th 2013. No news since then.

I have sent messages in December and Januari, but got no more reply.

I received a message the 15th of Februar, stating that he has been ill and disconnected from internet.

He promised to sort out the problem within a short period time.

However, no news since then...

I have sent numerous email messages but got no reply.

I noticed that he has been busy on Ebay, buying several things and leaving feedback to the sellers,

so his internet connection works fine...

Looks like my valuable MZ-RH1 is lost, this is really unbearable to me.

Maybe I should file a complaint with the police?

I am very disappointed about this man, he seemed to be trustworthy but is a fraud in the end.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!

I think that's harsh. I and others here can attest to Jim's skills. I had to wait a year once to get something fixed but fix it he did. He never charges for something he hasn't done, and he charges less than what it really ought to cost.

Give the lad a break, he's been quite unwell, of that I am sure.

Stephen

If he cannot fix it, there's practically no one else who can. Myself...... maybe, but only a limited range of problems. I'm not capable of replacing the major parts, nor do I have spares, whereas he can do both.

One piece of advice - don't try a bulk deal with him. Send him one machine at a time. His per-unit charge is still incredibly low.

The fact he's got nothing listed at the moment but is buying things probably reflects that he's trying to get things straight and start up again.

If he cannot fix it, there's practically no one else who can. Myself...... maybe, but only a limited range of problems. I'm not capable of replacing the major parts, nor do I have spares, whereas he can do both.

One piece of advice - don't try a bulk deal with him. Send him one machine at a time. His per-unit charge is still incredibly low.

The fact he's got nothing listed at the moment but is buying things probably reflects that he's trying to get things straight and start up again.

One piece of advice - on my side - don't send anything at all, chances are very likely that your device is lost.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there My name is Sharif and I was just reading a few things here about Jim. 

I am currently dealing with Jim myself as I too have given Jim Hoggarth 2 RH1 Minidisc Models since last year feb now. 

During the past 12 months Jim did eventually reply to me sometime ago in June fixing one of my RH1's but sent it back to sort it out. 

I received an email saying sorry for the time it has taken as I am very ill but your other RH1 will cost £100 minimum which will try to fix it for you by August. I have not heard from Jim since then and I am deeply concerned not only on his health but also on my two minidisc recorders. 

Jim if you are reading this please get in touch with me to let me know whats going on as you have more important things to worry about can you please just send my two RH1's back please

kind regards sharif

Jim told me that fixing the RH1 was the worst project he ever had. Firstly HiMD machines are finicky (he and I worked on a pair of RH910's for a whole year so you probably need to be patient). Secondly the RH1 is flimsy in a way that few earlier models are. Exceptions (ie also bad): MZ-E10, MDS-JE510, LAM-X1.

Sorry

Jim if you are ever reading this...I do hope you get better soon plus I know you have got 1 million and one things to do with your new work-shop when your health back.I do appreciated your time thanks.

Jim if you are ever reading this...I do hope you get better soon plus I know you have got 1 million and one things to do with your new work-shop when your health back.I do appreciated your time thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I want to add my own concerns to those expressed here .

I have also attempted on numerous occasions to contact Jim Hoggarth over the past six months regarding the repair of my MDS 101 but have received no reply to any of my emails

I have always been polite, professional and patient in my dealings with him but am disappointed by his inability to offer the same in return..

If he is genuinely unwell then the very least he could do is say so via a generic email posted out to all his customers - not a difficult thing to do, but  what I am reading here seems to be nothing more than speculation on the part of those who claim to know him better than the rest of us 

it is not too much to ask of someone who purports to be offering a service, that they act in a professional and courteous manner but Mr Hoggarth's conduct is not an example of that

I will continue to email him for a while longer but if I receive no reply in the next month or so  then I fully intend to escalate the situation in an effort to get my property back, either repaired or not. - and if that involves turning up at his address and asking for my stuff in person, then so be it.

Jim - if you are reading this, then do the right thing and start acting like a professional