Any1 running Sonic Stage 4.3 Ultimate on Win 7 Pro, 64 bit

Rate this topic

Happy Hopping

I have been using this software under Windows 7 Pro, 32 bit

Recently, I got a new PC and I install Win 7 Pro, 64 bit instead. I have no problem installing this software, but when I run it, it crash.

I know it's an old software. Is there any1 using Win 7 Pro 64 bit, and manage to run this software w/o any problem? If so, did you set it at XP Compatibility mode or what trick did you use?

For me, when I WAS on Win7, it was running perfectly. Currently using 8.1 Pro and getting the driver to install on that was .. well ... "pain" is an understatement.

However, never had an issue under Win7 64-bit. I don't recall using any compatibility settings, just the software and drivers from this forum. Beyond typical (often unhelpful) troubleshooting steps, such as re-installing the program, I don't know what to suggest.

Are the OS and drivers of your system up to date?

You should download the SonicStage Ultimate v4.3 from the downloads section of the forums here, You can also find the required 64 bit NetMD drivers in a separate download in the same downloads area.

If you are having crash issues your situation may require additional diagnosis. I suggest you completely uninstall all MD related software and drivers before re-installing the Ultimate v4.3 from the forums.

Because you are running under a 64 bit operating system.

Before you were running under a 32 bit operating system, and you had a 32 bit driver installed (as part of the Sonic Stage installation).

Unfortunately the 4.3 installation does not have a 64 bit driver. However that driver is all you need to make your system run Sonic Stage properly under 64 bits OS.

I believe if you intend to only format disks using Hi-MD and never use any standard MD formatted disks you can use this version of SonicStage. Windows 7 does recognize a Hi-MD formatted disc as a Mass Storage Device and SonicStage will rip and copy files to that storage medium.

But... there is a nasty little setting on all HiMD units (recorders anyway) "disc mode". This is the default which the recorder will come up into when connected to Usb, if no disk inserted. Either HiMD or (legacy) MD.

So you can see what will happen in some cases. The 4.3 install will be done including (copying of) 32 bit drivers, the md will be connected and now Windows is trying to install the wrong kind of driver when it senses your HiMD recorder. KEERASH!!!!

If you install the 64 bit driver this will not happen.

Incidentally using the SAME driver for all units (32 or 64) manages to get around the problem with RH1 uploads caused by the OS polling repeatedly for lots of different drivers in the device chain.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Azureal and sfbp (and any other pros :)

I downloaded sonic stage 4.3 as for use on Windows 7 as suggested above, but when I open it a pop up msg from installer reads, "Data was unable to be retrieved from the server. Please check your internet connection and try again (21000)" My internet is working fine - banking and searching google no problems before or after this msg. Can you help please?

Thanks Mark.

ps I'm new and lo-tech, so apologies if this is the wrong place to post; I want to get my old usb walkman NW-E005F running for my 7yr old. It hasn't been used for years. When I was clearing out data, I accidentally deleted OMG files. I've updated firmware to 2.0 which, fingers crossed, will make it work again, now I need Sonic Stage to transfer her music from computer.

I'm currently using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OS. Not sure how this differs from the Pro version but I have 4.3 Sonic Stage installed (that I downloaded from the Sony site about 6 months before it was taken down). Had no problems installing and Windows 7. I'm guessing there is only one version of 4.3 Sonic Stage?

Windows 7 also recognised my RH1 and Sonic Stage worked fine in Hi-MD mode. Did have an issue yesterday where this wasn't the case (probably due to the fact that a netMD recorded disc was in the unit when I connected it to my laptop). Even removing the disc and inserting a Hi-MD disc I still had an issue. I even rebooted the machine and still had the issue.

So I installed the netMD driver that's available here and now everything is working fine (in both modes).

• 4 months later...

Okay, I haven't got the time to work on this issue until now.  I downloaded the driver from the above link.  It installed just fine.

So I get the same problem, when I load SS 4.3, it crashes at the beginning.  Since the INF is clearly for Win 7, I decided not to run it under XP Compatible mode.

I think I have the right SS 4.3 Ver. 2, the uncompress setup file size is SS43 ultimate, 37,695,757 bytes

Regardless, this is the error in detail:

Poblem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    Omgjbox.exe
  Application Version:    4.3.1.14020
  Application Timestamp:    45c31a1c
  Fault Module Name:    Items.dll
  Fault Module Version:    4.3.1.14020
  Fault Module Timestamp:    45c3154d
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    000134b7
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    3535
  Additional Information 2:    35357a94fc5ecd0e3fd24160eb4b2595
  Additional Information 3:    a711
  Additional Information 4:    a71100f6f56e2aee0ca32a8d595750ba

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:Windowssystem32en-USerofflps.txt

Just to say, I have installed ss 4.3U and the win7 64 driver onto Win7 64 Pro from here to test an old NH900 I am selling on ebay, and it installed first time and I was able to transfer music files and play them from the MD no problem.

This probably my first and last post!