A new member who needs MZ-RH1

Rate this topic

PaulDenton

Hello everybody this is my first post happy to be here.

I have been a fan of minidisc's and mo disc's for well over ten years and a only thing i owned was a broken mo disc player...ok. Now i have decided that i need to buy myself a MZ-RH1 as this seems to be the most beautiful piece of technology my eyes have ever witnessed.

Unfortunately it seems that the outsiders can only hope to get a new one for a few 2000 bucks which is more than i am willing to pay. So here i am asking the insiders ( all of you). what woud be a reosonable prize for a new RH1, is anyone here willing to sell a backup unit that is collecting dust in a closet?

A guy i know is offering a RH1 that is used once or twice in a studio environment for 550 dollars, is that a deal worth taking? Or should i keep looking ?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated

Mr. Denton

HI and welcome to the Forums.

As far as my small knowledge goes i have seen them go for less money around Europe rather than the US.

The last ones i saw ending in the Bay were around 200-300€.

i recently repaired a borken OLED from a like new RH1 i bought. I could sell one , because i own 6 in total, but i can´t let em go.

I just collect and enjoy for some reasons. :imsohappy:

A completely new one is hard to find and i would rather be looking for a used one instead.

You should be able to pick one for about the price i guessed.

greetings and have a good find on one of these nice llittle Machines ;)

Here is a search for US only units sold over the past couple of months on eBay.com in US dollars : MZ-RH1 Units Sold

It seems crazy, but the selling price of the market driven auctions can go really high. Some sellers list "But it Now" prices and I consistently see those return after their 30 day listing again and again. Some sellers are fixated on getting the price they command versus letting the market determine the value. Most of the ones sold in this query were used in good condition and included most or all of the original accessories as well as the original box.

This unit is a hot item and is highly desirable, supply is limited hence the crazy prices (obviously!).

I have two NIB units never used one RH1 and one M200 both black. I am sitting on them until I can get a grand a piece for them! ;-)

I have a Silver Japanese model I use pretty regularly and, believe it or not, mainly as a player ... (that comment is sure make Stephen cringe!)

Thank you alot guys, that info leavs me with quite a few options. since i live in europe i will keep an eye on English and german auctions but will also consider buying from some members here.

You have an unopened boc for 1000$, i am positive that rather sooner than later you will get that price.

I am already bidding to get a hold of few rollingstones minidiscs:)

THX

I have the MZ-M200, purchased it a while back. I either use it, the MZ-RH910 or MZN600D for recording in Hi-MD mode from the computer. I still prefer to you the regular home unit for recording.

I do miss Japan, back in the day being stationed in Japan I picked up Sony MZ-R50 and Onkyo MD-185X minidisc recorder love it!

Thank you alot guys, that info leavs me with quite a few options. since i live in europe i will keep an eye on English and german auctions but will also consider buying from some members here.

That sounds like a great plan. Also, you mentioned having a friend or acquaintance who may have a unit you could purchase. I would personally always feel more comfortable buying something of such high value from a trusted and known source. :-)

• Like 1

When buying an MZ-RH1, you want to buy from someone that really doesn't know much about MiniDisc recorders. Everyone else will simply charge you ebay prices (or whatever the market value is). For instance, i saw an ad in craigslist a few months ago for an MZ-RH1 with all the necessary accessories and the guy was only charging $125 USD. I would have bought it, but someone else got to him before I did.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a MZ-RH1 unit , black, almost new, original box, in mint state, I used it for 12 hours in total.

included are:

1GB HIMD MINIDISC

AC charger 100-220V

RM-MC38EL remote control with LCD and backlight

USB CABLE

SONY E0921 headset

Rechargeable battery lip-4wm

I could sell the unit at an interesting price.

The MZ-RH1 is located in Spain, but could be sent to anywhere is needed.

• 2 weeks later...