Vaio Desktop indicator lights not working

Rate this question

epattyj

Question

Since I purchased my Vaio desktop SVL24147CXB, the indicator lights in the upper right hand corner of the monitor failed to light. Not even the power light will light when the computer is turned on. I did send it to TX for Sony to repair after being told repeatedly that it was a hardware issue. So since I am under warranty I shipped it out for repair. BUT it came back with a letter saying my "software issue" was resolved by reimageing my HD. UGH The lights still don't light and now the repair center in TX is closed. SONY told me that Best Buy is now their "preferred service center" and to take my computer to the Geek Squad. Problem is Best buy does not want to honor the warranty and looks like the dust from this deal has not yet settled.

Being a hardware issue, I would like to see if I can fix it myself. I have always worked on my own computers but they were all towers. This will be the first time working on an all-in-one. Having the technical guide or diagram of this model would be extremely helpful.

Has anyone else had a problem withe the VAIO SVL24147CXB indicator lights not working?

Does anyone know where I can download the tech document for this model?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet