Why All the Spam?

I setup email addresses for every place that asks for one. The reason I do this is so I can trap jerks that sell my email address.

Guess what? I'm getting a shit load of spam to the address I used to join this board. So, either you have sold my email address or you have been very lax in your security. Either way it's unacceptable.

I will be forwarding you all the spam I receive from now on; or until you somehow get back my email address from the spammers.

Hello, Cirbirus.

My sincere apologies for the trouble, and I can assure you that we did not sell your e-mail address. Unfortunately, there have been a few security flaws with the forum software in the past that allowed hackers full SQL access. The forum is kept up to date with the latest patches and is usually done so within 24 hours of a release.

I cannot get your e-mail address back from them. Please do not forward any spam our way, as well; there's nothing further we can do.

• 2 weeks later...