Professional minidiscs vs regular minidiscs?

Rate this topic

Sony_Fan

Hi Sony,

for me no.

That is, in most cases no.
The disc is always the same, whether it is normal or professional.
Perhaps the difference is in the plastic that holds the disc, limiting the wear phenomena.
In my opinion, the only real professional are the Sony 2000, the TDK pro, maybe the Sony ES.
Note that with the thousands of mds checked, the only ones that I have ever given "disc error" are the Axia.
The selling price was higher than all the other mds, and plastic is better quality than the other manufacturers.
I hope I was helpful.
Good evening

Hi Sony,

for me no.

That is, in most cases no.
The disc is always the same, whether it is normal or professional.
Perhaps the difference is in the plastic that holds the disc, limiting the wear phenomena.
In my opinion, the only real professional are the Sony 2000, the TDK pro, maybe the Sony ES.
Note that with the thousands of mds checked, the only ones that I have ever given "disc error" are the Axia.
The selling price was higher than all the other mds, and plastic is better quality than the other manufacturers.
I hope I was helpful.
Good evening

thanks.  Is HHB a good brand?  5-pack of 80min HHB minidiscs for $25, is that a good price?

I do not have a HHB; so I can't give an opinion but ..... with the same price you can buy 10 md of another good brand.
you really need a fake professional?

I don't understand, why is HHB fake?  Are they a no-name brand?  I see some ebay listings selling each MD for $6-10 each. 

But, do you have a HHb recorder?
For me the only two md professional are the Sony and TDK, all others are "fake".
In my opinion I find no reason to spend much for a mds when you can find the same (or almost the same) mds at a lower price.
This is just my opinion.
A nice sunday at all

I don't understand, why is HHB fake? Are they a no-name brand? I see some ebay listings selling each MD for $6-10 each.

But, do you have a HHb recorder?

For me the only two md professional are the Sony and TDK, all others are "fake".

In my opinion I find no reason to spend much for a mds when you can find the same (or almost the same) mds at a lower price.

This is just my opinion.

A nice sunday at all

HHB minidiscs will only work on HHB recorders? That can't be true, they should work on any md recorder.

oh, sorry, the hbb blanks is a minidisc and works on all readers/recorders.
The minimum standard of production of minidisc is the same for everyone.
I was wondering to yourself if you had a HHb recorder; very often people prefer to use "hardware" and "software" together of the same brand.

oh, sorry, the hbb blanks is a minidisc and works on all readers/recorders.
The minimum standard of production of minidisc is the same for everyone.
I was wondering to yourself if you had a HHb recorder; very often people prefer to use "hardware" and "software" together of the same brand.

Thanks. What do you know about the Sony MD2000 Professional MiniDiscs? Are those any good or rare?  Also, I have a TDK PRO MD-RXG MiniDisc. I have one that I just listed on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261539722468?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Finally the advertisement. Maybe you'd like to start your own forum for MD sales and have all the headaches of running it, Chris?

I inherited a bunch of HHBs and they don't seem particularly well made. Any more than a baseball cap is more reliable if it says "Di*ney" on it.

Finally the advertisement. Maybe you'd like to start your own forum for MD sales and have all the headaches of running it, Chris?

I inherited a bunch of HHBs and they don't seem particularly well made. Any more than a baseball cap is more reliable if it says "Di*ney" on it.

I'm sorry Stephen, I didn't post the link to advertise my sale. I wanted seoscuba to see what I was talking about.  The TDK PRO minidisc must be rare, because I already have one bid on it ($9.99) and still 6 days to go.   

On a serious question, what about the Sony MD2000 MiniDisc??? How rare are these?  I have 5 of those, but don't worry, I won't listed here or advertise it here if you don't want me to.  

I just wanted some information on a recent bulk MiniDisc purchase I made through craigslist, which was 80 new Sony color MDs, 115 new HHB MiniDiscs, 5 new Sony ES MiniDiscs, and 5 Sony MD2000 MiniDiscs.  I paid $83 total for all of these.  

I dont understand .... but if you have 115 HHb .... the reason of your questions ....
Or .....

Sony colors they can sell to 0.50/1 euro each, the ES a 3/4 euro each, the TDK pro to 12/15 euro, Sony 2000 to 60/70 euro each.
My Hi-Md; I put them up for sale on e bay.
Have a nice day

I dont understand .... but if you have 115 HHb .... the reason of your questions ....
Or .....

Sony colors they can sell to 0.50/1 euro each, the ES a 3/4 euro each, the TDK pro to 12/15 euro, Sony 2000 to 60/70 euro each.
My Hi-Md; I put them up for sale on e bay.
Have a nice day

Seoscuba, are you serious about the Sony MD2000 discs?  I have 5 of those, but I will sell separately. 

I wanted to know the value of the HHB professional MiniDiscs and if they are special.  Maybe $5 each one???

Hi,

sony 2000 sealed 60 / 70 euro

if used, 50 % less, but with original cases.

The sign of wear are important.

HHB for me aren t a good mds, i ve no buy one, 5 $ for me, is a high price.

Do you ve photos of 2000 and cases?

S

I have 1 used with original case and 4 new/sealed.

Do you plan on using any of them for music, or just to make money?

If you want to know what things are worth to sell, them sell them and find out.

If you are only selling them on eBay (and not just you), good luck to you - but how about not wasting the time of forum users by posting about them here WHEN THERE IS A DEDICATED CLASSIFIEDS SECTION that you people are completely disrespecting!!

With all due respect,

Danny

• Like 1

If you want to know what things are worth to sell, them sell them and find out.

If you are only selling them on eBay (and not just you), good luck to you - but how about not wasting the time of forum users by posting about them here WHEN THERE IS A DEDICATED CLASSIFIEDS SECTION that you people are completely disrespecting!!

With all due respect,

Danny

Sorry danny. I posted in the classifieds instead. Yes, most of the minidisc stuff I've ever bought does get sold for extra cash. There a few things I keep though.

Wow, tdk pro minidisc is @ $32 and md2000 minidisc is at $41. These must be rare!

They are. And not worth it. Haven´t ever heard the md2000 but I cannot say anything good about the tdk.

You answered this yourself with the question ;)

They are. And not worth it. Haven´t ever heard the md2000 but I cannot say anything good about the tdk.

You answered this yourself with the question ;)

If these rare MDs are not worth it, then why are the bids going so high? The market determines what they are worth.

If these rare MDs are not worth it, then why are the bids going so high? The market determines what they are worth.

"The market" determines their worth? Well, "the market" usually has no idea about quality - because in this case it consists of a few dumb people believing in a myth.

The TDK significantly colours the sound and is far away from the original sound.

But I´ll give you advice regarding your "market": you should extend shipping to Europe. Here in Germany for example, Sharp's last MD recorders with 1-bit technology are highly sought items, fetching rather extreme prices (and they too are not worth their money). The same goes for any HiMD device and the accompanying HiMDs.

Happy? If so, stop using this forum to extract information on how to exploit others!

• Like 1

Dear Chris,

You are asking advice here from members about professional discs (be it HHB, Sony or TDK). However what audio tests have you done on them yourself? This is the only way you can really decide whether a 'so called' professional disc sounds any better than a generic disc.

So what are your findings? What generic discs did you use to do the test? What type of music did you use (vocal, classical, jazz, rock etc). Did you record directly from a CD player or use SonicStage to transfer the music to MD. If you used SonicStage what ATRAC did you use? Do you notice any difference in the recordings? 

After some consideration, it has been decided that discussion in the sections (except "Classified") that is deemed or perceived to be for the purposes of promoting sales (particularly eBay and other auctions which are the auctions of a member selling his own property) is henceforth considered to be not in the spirit and taste of the forums here.

Chris, please stop these kinds of postings..... or else.