Is there any list to show all manufactured MD blank disc with timeline & intro ?

Rate this topic

Jony0801

Years ago, when i was young, i can see lots of beautiful md blank discs in the local store, over hundreds type model, is there any one getting a timeline list of them ? now watching the old discs over years are still beautiful. i can not find the list in minidisc.org,  but it leads me here.

Site I've always used is MD Channel:

https://picasaweb.google.com/minidisc.channel

Has the timelines too.

Between the two sites, these are pretty much all the MD's ever made (with a couple of other early brands not listed).

Thanks.. I'm thinking to design a SONY MD Blank Disc Poster with timeline, i need to know this info.  :)

Site I've always used is MD Channel:

https://picasaweb.google.com/minidisc.channel

Has the timelines too.

Between the two sites, these are pretty much all the MD's ever made (with a couple of other early brands not listed).

Hi,
I just point out one thing; the minidiscchannel site is a collection of photos of almost all mds that have been produced.
Probably many photos were taken from the web.
My two sites are based on items that I own; the photographs are in high resolution to see the details of both the machines and the blanks.
The philosophy is completely different,
Many of the photos on the minidiscchannel website, have been taken from my site with my approval.
Unfortunately I can't finish my collection; the minidisc has presented a flat electroencephalogram in 2006 and the heart has stopped beating a few years later.
Find rare blancks. it is increasingly difficult.
A nice day to all
Sergio

MD Channel was created by 'johnbabydisc' (which was his username on the now defunct Audio T Station forum). He used to be an avid collector last decade. Admittedly a lot of the photos are ones from the web (including ones from Ishiyoshi, but a lot of them he did own as he used to post pics of these on Audio T Station (the Kenwood discs being his prized collection).

Was John ever a member on this site? He did post a thread about the new Victor discs but generally does not contribute these days

Finding rare discs these days is very hard. I'm sure a lot of discs these days have simply been thrown away as people have moved onto new technology and not valued any worth of old discs :-(

But the search will continue....

Zo, I share your opinion; I guess the amount of rare minidisc which were thrown in the Trash because "obsolete".

...... and if we assume a couple of "homeless" look for in the garbage of Tokyo and Yokohama?

Consumerism in Japan I think is unimaginable levels; I wrote to TDK Museum to get updates about Bit Club; they no longer know even what they are.
After my letter there have been 15 hits to my site from the city where is located the "TDK Museum"
A nice day to all