Can we petition Sony to produce 1GB MDs?

Rate this topic

ShriDurga

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very interesting, I wonder if the Sony reps will take this seriously.  Can you imagine, 1GB Hi-MDs for less than $10 each? Ebay sellers won't like this at all.  But one of the posters made a good point.  Judging by the high price of many MD and Hi-MD items, there is clearly still a large demand. 

The Ebay Sellers would like to think that lol. I would like to know how many people realy into minidisc now - I think a few  handfulls

I'm sure it's more than just a handful.  But on second thought, if Sony realizes that people are willing to pay $20-$30 or more for a new a 1GB Hi-MD disc, what's not to say that Sony isn't going to charge more than just $6 - $7 dollars for each one? Remember, the re-launch of Hi-MD discs has to benefit Sony somehow, it must be profitable.  If Sony sees that people are willing to pay more for these, they might just charge $20 for each disc.     

well  how many people here are willing to pay $20-30? not me. I  have 3x3 packs of them and 2 are un  opened as new. And the opened ones have been used only a couple of times. I might be tempted to sell a 3 pack for  $90 or equilvalent in UK pounds. offers?