NW-E00x - New software to put/get your files into/from the device

Rate this question

void

Question

Hello All,

I finally did it. I have wrote a small program to UPLOAD your mp3 files into the device.

No sonicstage is required at all. No GYM. No MP3FM.

Also you can get your mp3z from the device with NO modification and the same filename.

ID3 tags V2 are supported.

I will post the link to the software tomorrow (last testing today).

Hello,

Here is the link: http://www.drvoid.com/nwe00x.html

Please read the description carefully.

It is pre-alpha version. So please test it on your own risk. No GUI now, sorry. I will add GUI soon.

It simply adds MP3 directories to your walkman.

For example, your run:

putfolder "DM - Exciter"

The program will find the directory in your MP3 directory. (for example, c:\mp3)

It will transfer the following mp3 files to walkman:

"c:\mp3\DM - Exciter\*.mp3".

It will also generate new album on your walkman named "DM - Exciter". And put the copied songs to this album.

==========

If you run it again with another parameter, for example:

putfolder "DM - Ultra"

It will transfer the following mp3 file to walkman:

"c:\mp3\DM - Ultra\*.mp3".

It will also generate new album on your walkman named "DM - Ultra".

So, now you will have 2 albums on your walkman.

And so on.

To get the MP3 folder back from walkman, run:

getfolder "DM - Ultra"

It will get all MP3 files of the walkman-folder "DM - Ultra" and store them on your hard drive (see MP3TO variable in drvoid.ini file).

====================

Program WILL NOT work with E40x/E50x series.

====================

Regards.

Please put your comments here.

Edited by void

Thanks for the Contribution! Void

I will try this soon with my HD3 ,HD5

I think these are made for the NW-E00X only, so try the software at own risk.

Ah and void, I have a little question, which programming software did you use for it? Because if it's C/C++ I think a user interface can easely be made using C# ;)

Edited by dragulagu

Hi Void,

Seems like we did the same at the same time...

I created the same kind of tool put in a GUI interface...

This is an alpha version (proof of concept) and I am able to transfer MP3 replacing existing tracks on the device.

Here's the link : http://www.geocities.com/naurd/NW-E003_MP3_File_Manager.zip

This is a Java application and it will work in Windows as Linux (and maybe Macs)...

Install it on the device in a subfolder (E:\mp3manager) and double-click on it...

It will show the current track at the bottom, and let you select the mp3 file to use to replace the existing track...

More to come...

I think these are made for the NW-E00X only, so try the software at own risk.

Ah and void, I have a little question, which programming software did you use for it? Because if it's C/C++ I think a user interface can easely be made using C# ;)

Yes, it is pure VC++ 6.0.

However, I do not like C# because of the .NET framework.

And it is not good, since there are lots of places without .net. And I want my MP3FileManager to run on any computer I plug my Walkman in.

Well, I wrote a small interface using Borland Delphi and attached my VC++ code as a dll.

Probably I will publish the source code lately. =)

New Version of my MP3FM is out.

Please visit the link. http://www.drvoid.com/nwe00x.html.

Now it has GUI drag'n'drop interface.

Installations: delete everything from your walkman and unzip the installation file to walkman's root.

Run voidmp3fm.exe.

That's all.

Features:

You can drag MP3 folders from your hard drive and put them to walkman.

(no recursion. if you drag the folder "MYMP3", all MYMP3\*.mp3 files will be copied. But, for example "MYMP3\SUBFOLDER\*.mp3" WILL NOT be copied.)

You can also drag MP3 files from you hard drive to the existing folders on your walkman.

You can delete MP3 files and folders on your walkman. (using DEL key)

You can also drag MP3 files and folders from your walkman to your hard drive.

No progress indicator now =) Do not worry if application freezed for a minute while copying. =)

==============

I will add some additional features lately (like the following:

1. ability to rename files and folders directly on your walkman.

2. reorder tracks and folders on walkman

3. progress indicator when uploading.

Please, try it and post your comments/suggestions.

I must say..impressive :D

And nice to put the source on later, i might suggest the ppl here who can program (I can do a bit of C++)

help on the project, so there is a program which is good enough to beat sonicstage (at least the positive aspects of Sonic)

Edited by dragulagu

it is quite amazing softie dude!! realy realy nice work!

it would be superb, if your soft could manage to upload / edit playlist.. ;) btw hard drive selection is impossible..

cheers and keep it going!

PS: sonicstage is devil and must die - i cant understand why sony decided to force us using this crappy soft.. :/

Edited by NareZ

it is quite amazing softie dude!! realy realy nice work!

8-) Thanks for reply!

it would be superb, if your soft could manage to upload / edit playlist.. ;)

btw hard drive selection is impossible..

I'll fix it in few days. + add some new features. It is really first very buggy release. But it works in general 8-)

cheers and keep it going!

PS: sonicstage is devil and must die - i cant understand why sony decided to force us using this crappy soft.. :/

Totally agree!

===

2hijazz, dragulagu: thanks for suggestions. I'll think about it =)

This is great. Having tested it so far, one or two folders - despite transferring across okay - have come through garbled. Otherwise, it works, and it works well. It's nice that ordinary people (albeit people with far superior computing skills to my own) are able to work towards putting right what a $billion multinational like Sony got so horribly wrong in the first place.

For future versions, may I suggest/request:

1. Ability to drag and drop files and folders without the previous file/folder having fully transferred: At the moment the program makes you fully wait until the file/folder has transferred until you can select another file and go again

2. A pre-transfer mode, whereby you can drag and drop files to, change the order, optimise use of memory etc., and then hit a transfer button whilst making a cup of tea or having a shower?

3. Resizable left/right windows

Really though, fantastic work. Give Sony a bloody nose!

It's work!

I can't belive it!!

I have tried for two moth to have a solution for the sonicstage. I hate so much that crap!!

And MP3FM didn't work to with my "e000" serie device.

Please do it other futures!

I hope we ´ll see some staff like:

- navigate on directorys

- transfer one song

-how many free space is in the device

One, question, you must have installed sonicstage to make it works voidmp3fm, haven't?

I am so happy I found this tool!

Thanks man!!

Edited by moliver

Hello Everybody!

Thank you for your interest =)

New version of voidmp3fm is out. (http://www.drvoid.com/nwe00x.html)

Some new features.

Progress indicator.

Support for delayed saves. You can copy or arrange MP3z any way you want. Then press SAVE ALL button and drink a cup of coffee while voidmp3fm copies your mp3s to player.

You can also reorder tracks. BUT ONLY THOSE that are NOT YET transferred. I would not recommend to reorder transferred tracks =) However nothing terrible will happen, of course =)

IMPORTANT: PLEASE DELETE ALL PREVIOUS INFORMATION ON PLAYER (including previous version of voidmp3fm!).

voidmp3fm.gif

Edited by void

This is great solution of the SONY EVIL SOFTWARE :) THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I tried to transfer songs to my NW-A608, all seems ok, but i cant use artist and

album-based song search. is there any way to fix it?

Edited by SinTpon

great work. I really like the new software. :lol:

Suggestions:

1. Do you think you can make the software capable of taking japanese font, because it currently does not let me transfer japanese music on to the player.

2. Also do you think you can make the software know where the music files are from the prior transfer so whenever we reopen the software it goes to the right folder.

3.Lastly can you make it so that you can click multiple songs in a folder and drag and drop it in to the folder.

thank you for making this software, its great! I really like the GUI interface and the progress bar.

hi there :)

nice improvements! but you should fix this reuploading issue, because with each your softie update we have to re-up all the tracks... no offence, but actually it sucks ;)

if looking forward, with this new version I either get doubled track starts, its like just a 1 sec or something, but sounds really bad, especially when I upload mixed CD track, which has no silence gap at start...

well thats a major notes I made just after tests.. :)

furthermore it is still much better than damn sonicstage and I hope it will only grow in quality.

CHEERS dude! ;)

Great... nearly.

Though the drag THEN transfer function appears to work fine (good feature, really), my NW-E003f complains of NO DATABASE when I try to use it. Also, the program has not resize very well to my 15" monitor - can it be set to auto adjust?

By my previous experience and by the comments posted by others, I am looking forward to the program working on my unit - keep up the good work.

Cheers

MMK

Really great, great software!! and works fine.

Thank you very very much void for giving us all the chance to get rid of that piece of smelly **** called sonicstage. It's unbelibeable that Sony after designing those great pieces of hardware that NW-E00x series are keeps insisting on packaging with and force people to use, probably, one of the worst softwares y have ever seen.

For future realeases, have you thought about the possibility of allowing to make playlist of the songs inside the drive? Or if that's too difficult it would be very convenient to be able to select playlists directly from the hard drive to be transfered

Thank you very much for your great work :lol:

Stunning gr8 software, thanks and ofcourse all credits goes to dr void!

Is there a possibility in one of the next builds of your great program u can manage /folder /subfolder/***.mp3.

This is the way i like it most such as artist/album/song.

For the moment i use it as it is, perfect. Much, much better than son.........bwha!

Hi everyone

First a great thank you to dr Void who has been working on this program. i was really disapointed when i discovered sony tied you down to their software that is internationally recognised as "bollocks"...

However i am having many problems with voidmp3fm and i'd like to share my experience.

The soft intalls fine on my e005

the interface is ok also no complaints

however when i transfer mp3 files towards the player i experience some erratic behaviour i really cannot explain:

- the transfers go along fine but when i remove the player (safely) i get a "no database" error message and i cannot read anything.

- digging down deeper, i've realised that i can bundle transfer up to approximately 1 gig of mp3 and get no error message, but then if i start adding extra folders things start to get messy and i can sometimes transfer some more files, but most of the time i always end up with a "no database" error when transfering some folders. If i do a bigger bundle transfer it always fails. I've also noticed that if you tranfer be it only a single mp3 song from your HD into an existing music folder on the device this unconditionnally leads to a "no database" failure.

- these same folders can be transfered perfectly fine if the memory is blank, let's say void ;)

- the files i am transferring are usually of many different types ie different bitrates and frequencies.

so i was wondering:

- does anybody else experience the same problems?

- are they any limitations to the bitrates or frequencies of the mp3s that are supported?

- maybe my hardware is damaged? (it is new. i've tried formatting the device and it didn't change the behaviour)

- can anybody recommend anything? (i've still got a few days to turn it in ;)

OK that's about it, once again thanks for the initiative i just wish i could get it to work!!!

Karteks

Hi Karteks!!

I've been giving it a try for a few days now with my NW-E003F and I've experienced some of the problems you just mentioned:

- Sometimes I get the "No database"

But in my case i think it was caused by a problem with the name of one album (maybe too long?). I renamed it making it shorter and changing "_" character for " "

Oh! an another thing i've just realized of is that it works much better if inside the folder you're going to transfer are only mp3 files, no covers, txt files or playlists. This only works in some cases but...

- Other problems:

I have seen is that, sometimes, the first second of songs has a strange echo (or something similar) effect

Other times the whole albums works perfect except for one single song that "hungs up"

And finally I have one album of Frank Sinatra which I can transfer fine, but only one song will play

Ah! And one amazing thing i just found about, when you download those "problematic" files from the file to a HD (tipically other PC) they seem to be ok (like the original ones I uploaded)

Well, I hope this will help and if i find something new i'll post it

Greetings

PS- I don't think there's anything wrong with your hardware

Edited by maskao

hi maskao

thanks for your reply.

i've just noticed this post in the "sofware discussion" topic:

Try to write under 165 sound-tracks (no 166 or more!). I dont know why....but this program is working and everything is OK if I write 165 sound-tracks or less. If I add to player only ONE sound-track more I see

on display the error-message: " NO DATABASE" and dont play no one sound-track even what played before.

This sounds really similar to my problem since as an example i uploaded yesterday 140 tracks before i started to experience problems... it seems i'm not alone...

I'll try to reduce the title lengths as you suggested maybe this causes some bugs..

btw: i'm using firmware version 1 maybe it will help if i update to 2??

cheers to all

Thank you all for replies!

Most of them went to voidMp3FM todo list.

-----------

Surely there are lots of bugs in the version currently available for download.

You are right, only 165 songs (or so) are supported for now.

Some MP3s with special simbols in albumtitle/songname are being transferred with errors in header.

I know these problems, it will be fixed in few days in new version.

I will post it here and on www.drvoid.com/nwe00x.html.

---

Thank you all for replies!

Great work. I particularly appreciate being able to arragnge mp3s.

1 request: Is it possible for the software to transfer wma and aac files to the device too?

Cheers

I would love to be able to transfer aac files with this tool as well!!! Can we expect this soon please author?

Great job

Void, u sure you're gonna do all of this on your own? Cause it's a bit harsh letting you do all of this on your own (most likely cause it's timeconsuming).

At the moment it's ok, I have time, thank you =)

Of course, if someone want to help in the development, I will add "make a donation" button on the web site soon 8-)

Hello, all!

New version of voidmp3fm is out. (http://www.drvoid.com/nwe00x.html)

Sorry, but drvoid.ini file format has changed again... So you'll need to delete all tracks before using new version.

==============

What's new:

1. Now 255 tracks are supported (fixed 165-song bug).

2. The amount of used/free space on the walkman is shown

3. When no ID3v1/v2 TAG is found in MP3 file, now mp3 file name is treated as song title.

4. Some minor fixes.

Todo list:

1. >255 tracks support

2. Correct reordering of tracks that are already saved to walkman.

3. Remember current folder/and other settings.

4. Multiple selection of tracks/folders. Recursive directory import.

5. AAC & Atrac support - please send me some AAC and Atrac files to email.gif (I do not use AAC and atrac at all 8-)

6. etc

Thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU!

I have been PRAYING for something like this ever since I got my NW-E005 as a present. I LOVE the hardware but sonicstage is AWFUL, the most pathetic piece of software I've ever used.

I will use this when I get home from work.

p.s. THANK YOU

Do this program works with A608?

It seems be a great program, if it really can transfer MP3s with drag and drop to and from the device, and it remains the original mp3 format of the files! I have another question: The 255 track limit is per folder or only 255 mp3 can on the player together?