'Transfers are not allowed' - any fix?

Rate this topic

CreepyD

I've spent 2+ hours looking for a solution to this problem.

I'm trying to transfer all my music onto 1 atrac CD since I dont want to take 10+ CD's when I go camping.

It's all in mp3 format, mostly ripped from CD straight to mp3 using audio grabber.

Some is downloaded, and some was ripped from CD to wma then converted to mp3.

Absolutely none of it will transfer to the atrac cd, it just gives me the error Transfers are not allowed' for each track.

I'm on the latest version, SS4 cp.

I tried converting some to wav, they get added fine.

This isnt practical as 2 albums came to 700mb, and I want to convert more like 40-50 to atrac cd.

Any suggestions? I got until wednesday to sort it out somehow :sad:

nope no mp3's will convert at all, where ever they came from, none of them say they are copy protected.

I hear it might be a codec problem, so I deleted all my audio codecs and all-in-one codecs.

I tried ending every process but the essential ones.

Still wouldn't work.

I've actually given up now and used Nero to transfer the mp3's to cd as they are.

I wish Sony would do something with sonicstage, it's so frustrating to use!

Is version 5 on its way? /me holds a :clover:

Funny this one keeps cropping up..

I never had the prob, but since most of my mp3's (very old collection) and mp3pro (almost as old) were encoded using the CT/FHG encoder (aka the one that is MP3PRO encode enabled) - i wonder if there is something maybe in SS's handling which is slighty intolerent of certain encodings.

Well, i'm stabbing a paw in the dark there - the files i used successfully were all VBR's (aint used CBR's in many years now). For ref, they were MP3PRO VBR's HQ settting encoding at Q100 or MP3 HQ setting Q100 (referring to the selection settings in MMJB).

..... - the files i used successfully were all VBR's (aint used CBR's in many years now). For ref, they were MP3PRO VBR's HQ settting encoding at Q100 or MP3 HQ setting Q100 (referring to the selection settings in MMJB).

Interesting to hear you were able to get it transfer. I have not been successful with VBR files in the past. To note, I had used Audiocatalyst (not sure on specs). I am curious to know if I can make it work now. Hmmmmm....

Edited by JSP62

It may be a bug in Sonic Stage. A similar issue came up regarding importing unprotected ATRAC files, which then could not be written to CD or transferred:

http://www.atraclife.com/forums/index.php?...ost&p=14367

Maybe the same bug occurs when importing MP3 files as well. Try deleting the files from your library (without deleting the actual files). Then re-import them again and see if it works.

Good luck.

-J. P.

re: AudioCatalyst...

Aint heard that name in years, if i am right and the old cat memory aint going on the blink (and that's questionable on a good day these days), i think that used the early Xing MP3 encoder (aka the first one of the few mp3 encoders that had actual VBR encoding by design, back then.. there was on one of the early FhG encoders VBR but it was not formal.. more a facility but unsupported as i recall).

Well, you could try one of the utils such as mp3fixer (i think it was called that) or MP3Doctor.. or one of a few others (sorry, names escape at the mo) that scan and rewrite the headers to correct sync faults etc due to bad headers... as this can sometimes cause probs that prevents importing.

The funniest bit about all this is, the lack of consistency relating to these cropping up.

Some people seem to have a flawless smooth experience (well, as flawless an experience as SS allows for), others have intermittent headaches from SS issues, and some seem to have aggro on tap often.

What's even more weird is, the issues that cause the most aggro (in general) which on the surface can seem to be resource related on one level, aint always suffered by people using near-rated systems - some of the hell-on-earth aggro happens to people with systems with mega-resources too.

So i'd suspect the mp3 importing maybe a dual issue - partly maybe due to dodgy headers/bad encoding.. and partly and intolerence.

To be blunt about it, i wouldn't (for a D-NE series deck) even bother importing/transcoding to ATRAC.. or even use SS to build MP3 CD's with to use with a D-NE Walkman.

Ok i can understand there's a good practical reason why CreepyD wants to (and fair play to the reason), but in practise.., since the deck is mp3 native decode capable - i'd stick to mp3 mode of use (aka mp3 cd's) for MP3 storage/playback on the decks.

But hey, CreepyD, it's your life.. your deck.. your files.. so good luck, hopefully you'll find a medium solution that gets you out of trouble.

'Tom Kat'