VAIO VGX-XL100 help

Rate this question

footmobile

Question

I picked up this at a pawn store recently along with the VGP-XL1B changer unit. I can't get that to work but that's for another post...

Originally the XL100 had Windows 8 installed on it (!?) so I've done a fresh install of Windows XP.

Since then I've been messing with drivers and trying to get the various A/V inputs and outputs to function. HDMI works even with no drivers installed.

The component video out will not function. I need this to connect it to my main display, a KVHR-36 CRT TV with no HDMI. After messing with settings and drivers (sigmatel audio) for hours I got the coax digital audio to work. However I cannot get the component video to output.

I've tried all the drivers on the Sony.co.uk support page as well as Nvidia's drivers. None of them seem to make the video card fully functional.

I've thought about a cheap HDMI to composite video converter off ebay but would much prefer the more elegant solution of actually using the machine as intended.

Could anyone here offer some advice please?

Thank you!

Edited by footmobile

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet