transfers are not allowed

Rate this topic

jammydodger1

All tracks, only the most recent, or only the oldest ones?

Hi there. I dont keep anything in the library I simply was using mini disc of late as a daily podcast machine and after I transfer the said podcasts I delete from sonicstage and my pc. Thanks for reply hope you or another member has an idea of what it may be...I did do the optimize as suggested to but I fear that's more a thing for a massive library of music?

Edited by jammydodger1

Please try this in SonicStage:

Tools->Options->Advanced settings->Delete

With this command you delete tempory files SonicStage has made during conversions and so on and this can't do any harm to you. If there are none of those files you get a message in SonicStage.

May be it is not the solution for your problem and further research is needed.

Edited by kalkie

Hi there. I dont keep anything in the library I simply was using mini disc of late as a daily podcast machine and after I transfer the said podcasts I delete from sonicstage and my pc. Thanks for reply hope you or another member has an idea of what it may be...I did do the optimize as suggested to but I fear that's more a thing for a massive library of music?

​Please answer my question: are all tracks failing?

Anyway Kalkie raises a completely new point, whether the hard disk location where temporary files are kept is full. If you can figure out the disk space left on C: this may give you a good idea. Look at My Computer, and V(iew the disk drive in D(etail mode so you can tell what space is left. If it's a tiny percentage you have your answer. To fix this:

1. Empty recycle bin

2. Look under Users-><jammydodger - your user>->Local Settings->Temp and see what's there, you will recognize much of it, and you can delete (don't forget to empty recycle bin afterwards!). Another approach is to search on C: for any tile ending in .tmp ("*.tmp") and delete everything you find.

3. As a last resort, try Hard disk cleanup (Accessories->System Tools->Disk Cleanup) which should free up lots of space.

If the disk is full, Sonic Stage isn't the only thing which will fail - lots of other stuff will, too.

Not to be critical, but I had a hard time reading your post..... a bit more punctuation would be very helpful. I realise the editor isn't perfect but you should be able to go back and insert commas and the like.

Hope this helps

Stephen

Edited by sfbp

​Please answer my question: are all tracks failing?

Anyway Kalkie raises a completely new point, whether the hard disk location where temporary files are kept is full. If you can figure out the disk space left on C: this may give you a good idea. Look at My Computer, and V(iew the disk drive in D(etail mode so you can tell what space is left. If it's a tiny percentage you have your answer. To fix this:

1. Empty recycle bin

2. Look under Users-><jammydodger - your user>->Local Settings->Temp and see what's there, you will recognize much of it, and you can delete (don't forget to empty recycle bin afterwards!). Another approach is to search on C: for any tile ending in .tmp ("*.tmp") and delete everything you find.

3. As a last resort, try Hard disk cleanup (Accessories->System Tools->Disk Cleanup) which should free up lots of space.

If the disk is full, Sonic Stage isn't the only thing which will fail - lots of other stuff will, too.

Not to be critical, but I had a hard time reading your post..... a bit more punctuation would be very helpful. I realise the editor isn't perfect but you should be able to go back and insert commas and the like.

Hope this helps

Stephen

Hi Stephen had a chance to try this and it has worked. Thanks to you and the other posters.

Edited by jammydodger1