adding PC-LINK to a JB930

Rate this topic

Hi Folks

i got a spare JE470 which is defect..

Now as i already took all parts i needed for a different project i was wondering if the PC-LINK  part could be used to fit into the JB930?

I remember that Stephen said that the Board connections are the same as the A1? Could be this was a long time ago :D

OK i lack the PCLK-M20 too but i´d like to get this done if possible as the 470 Deck has no other use anymore.

Does anyone know if the PC-Link plug can be attached to the Control AI port on the JB930 for example ?

I´m also looking for the PCLK-MN20 so if  one wants to part with his i´d take it ;-)

I don't think PC-Link works on any model before MDLP Type-R. The 930 is SP only, and is (IIRC) CXD-2656. All the working PC-Link models are CXD2662 or better. Not that this is anything to do with it; merely an indicator of the timeline that they came up with this technology.

I don't think A1 means PC-Link, unfortunately. Some have both, some have one, some have neither. In every case Sony varied the circuit just enough to be annoying. And the SIRCS pins are separate from the KBD and I2C pins, as well. I have still not figured out how to trick D5C or 640 into working with the keyboard jack PC-Link, and my current thinking is that it may be simplest to CUT the wires to the keyboard pins on the master chip. However I so far haven't done that. The worst part is that the schematics don't necessarily match the hardware. Particularly with respect to this feature.

I'd love to get someone on here who I could correspond with and figure it out.