VoidMP3FM for E00x Series [Discussion Thread]

void

Hello Everybody.

Here is a small program to upload your mp3 files to walkman.

The link: http://www.drvoid.com/nwe00x.html.

GUI drag'n'drop interface.

Installation: delete everything from your walkman and unzip the installation file to walkman's root.

Run voidmp3fm.exe.

That's all.

Features:

Free.

You can drag MP3 folders from your hard drive and put them to walkman.

(no recursion. if you drag the folder "MYMP3", all MYMP3\*.mp3 files will be copied. But, for example "MYMP3\SUBFOLDER\*.mp3" WILL NOT be copied.)

You can also drag MP3 files from you hard drive to the existing folders on your walkman.

You can delete MP3 files and folders on your walkman. (using DEL key)

You can also drag MP3 files and folders from your walkman to your hard drive.

No progress indicator now =) Do not worry if application freezed for a minute while copying. =)

Please post your comments here...

I'm sure there are bugs. However, for me it works ok now.

------------

I will add soon:

1. ability to rename files and folders directly on your walkman.

2. reorder tracks and folders on walkman

3. multiselection

4. progressbar while uploading files.

I was waiting for a software like this to come out. How did you do it? :blink:

Well, I have some experience in cryptography. So for me it was not very hard to understand OMGAUDIO folder structure. =)

And few days programming...

BTW, new version of voidmp3fm is out. See thread in FLASH PLAYER EQUIPMENT forum.

(2 all: I wonder, should I also post the information on voidmp3fm in this forum or in FLASH PLAYER EQUIPMENT forum only?)

do you think you can put the capability to put playlists on the mp3 player?

Surely. However, since I never use playlists, it wont be N1 place in my todo list.

I implement some other features first.

BTW, new version of voidmp3fm is out. See thread in FLASH PLAYER EQUIPMENT forum.

The new software is really good. I really like it. I am really happy to see those GUI interface and the progress bar. Really useful. :)

I dont know if this is a easy fix but if you can implement this into your design it would be great. :lol: I am Japanese and I listen to some Japanese music once in awhile so when I try to save some japanese music using this it gives me an error because it can not read the japanese font. If you want a sample of Japanese music I can give you one to test it out. I am guessing that the problem is that the program does not take Japanese font.

Another thing that might be useful is that the software knows where the music is from the prior transfer so that whenever I close the application and reopen it, it goes to that folder. This will be a small feature that might be also cool. B)

Tried it with my HD-3. Did not work. No database to be found.

Try to write under 165 sound-tracks (no 166 or more!). I dont know why....but this program is working and everything is OK if I write 165 sound-tracks or less. If I add to player only ONE sound-track more I see

on display the error-message: " NO DATABASE" and dont play no one sound-track even what played before. :unsure:

Yeep! see the name of a theme: "...for E00x series...". If you want use fail manager on other devices then use other program. For example for NW-E103/E105/E107/E405/E407/E505/E507 must be used this (by sony) program: http://www.sony.jp/products/overseas/conte...p3-fm20-01.html :unsure:

Thanks for your assistance ,but i already know abt Mp3 file manager ver2.

Another very good features which is also missing from MP3FM and should be included in these new programs:

- Ability to play the song before/after having transferred it.

Is this not being looked into because it is impossible to do? or because it is too hard to do?

Thanks.

P.s.: Great work on voidmp3fm.. looks great even though I can't use it :P. If we keep working at it like this with suggestions, etc.. we may eventually have a program like mp3fm which will work with every device and have all the features that sony refuses to give us.

Hello ppl. I have been trying to make the Voidmp3 work with my nw-e005. Tried several ways but it makes the same error over and over again. Even tried in diferent computers.

Aplication Error

Exception EFCreateError in module voidmp3fm.exe at 0001C261.

Cannot create file "E:\OMGAUDIO\10F00\10000001.OMA". System couldn´t find specified path.

Someone else with the same problem ?

Please help me out.

Hello ppl. I have been trying to make the Voidmp3 work with my nw-e005. Tried several ways but it makes the same error over and over again. Even tried in diferent computers.

Aplication Error

Exception EFCreateError in module voidmp3fm.exe at 0001C261.

Cannot create file "E:\OMGAUDIO\10F00\10000001.OMA". System couldn´t find specified path.

Someone else with the same problem ?

Please help me out.

Hello, Frank!

Please answer the following questions:

1. Do you have voidmp3fm.exe located in the root folder of your e005? Is it E:\?

2. Did you correctly unpack ZIP archive (including directory structure?)

3. After unpack - do you have OMGAUDIO folder in the root of your e005? Do you have \OMGAUDIO\10F00 folder?

Regards,

void

I can't try it because I haven't yet A608, and it partly depends on this, that I will buy one. :D

It looks like it does work with a608. (I can't test it, since I do not have one).

Please do a search inside this thread - someone has tested voidMP3FM with A608.

PS:

voidMP3FM does not work with e40x/e50x series. Probably I could add support for them if I had one =)

And I have no information about HDD-based players. - If someone has tried it, please write about the results.

Regards

Void, did you notice that it skips in the first second when its playing the music? It does it consistently throughout all the songs. Do you think this is a bug in the software?

Hello, masa!

Thanks for your report.

Yes, you are right, it can be called a "bug" =) However it is noticeable only on some tracks.

I think I know why it happens. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Hi.

First sorry about bad english.

I just spend some money on mp3 player. Sony NW-E005F. I was totaly disapointed when I figure out, that I have to use some kind of software to listen mp3s :( It is not very practical to install it on every computer, etc.

So I find out, that SonyStage sucks.

In tried few different software on my vmware virtual mashine. SonyStage, Sony's MP3 File Manager, GYM, ... At 4:00am I almost give up on my mp3 player and decided to have this one just for FM and file storage/transfer and to buy new one which support native mp3's. (hmm hacked firmware which would play .mp3s on his file sistem ? :)

Than, like a miracle, I find out about VoidMp3Fm. Simple, working, fast! Write some mp3s on player and go back to vmware snapshot where I had clean mashine... and surprise, no drivers needed, no nothing, just voidmp3fm.exe - no administrators right needed. Download few songs and compare file by content and it was the same !!! :)))

I decided that at leas I have to thank you for this program. Good work.

And one bug: If I dreg file to device and close VoidMp3Fm it doesn't ask if I'm sure or automaticly upload file. On device I have just name, and when I pres play it say "FILE ERROR" (of corse the file is not there yet :-)

So I hope you have idea how to do/move limit of 255 mp3s much higher ?

Why I like it so much:

- no installation needed, everything is on key :)

- no administration right needed

- fast

- no problems importing from network drives

- import/export from device to computer (anywhere, fast, the same filename)

Ideas for todo:

- right click on files

- ctrl to select file (for importing/extracting only selected songs)

- show how meny files are already on device (not just filespace)

- subfolders

- playlists

That's for now.

Thomas.

@Void :Today ,I tried your software with my HD3 ,but i got this error(See screen capture ).

post-15597-1124353882_thumb.jpg

Hello, Stuge.

Sorry for delayed reply. I think voidMP3FM will not work on HD3.

It works only on e00x and (probably) a608.

// Hey, a608 owners - please post your comments here if I'm right or not!

However voidMP3FM should not crash even on HD3... May be the problem is that you have not correctly unzip the voidmp3fm.zip file (including subdirectories)?

voidMP3FM.exe should be executed from the root folder of your mp3 player only.

Regards,

Vladimir

Thank you for the device void.

There is only one question that I'd like to ask, as I do not really know how media works.

Most of the music mp3 that I transfer using voidmp3fm work, however there are a couple of songs that don't seem to work for some reason.

As soon as I play them on my NW-E005F, it just streams right through the whole list of song as quickly as possible without sounding a note.

I've noticed that these songs that I use when running media player seem to have different functions compared to my standard as these have art albums in the media information section. I can't seem to figure out what the problem is, I'd appreciate if anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for the information.

I had a quick look at the frequency and it turned out that one of the media type had a frequency of 22KHz compared to what you had mentioned.

Thinking that it had been cracked, unfortunatly I looked towards another one which contained 44.1KHz similar to other songs that seemed to be working, so no luck there.

Though thanks for telling me about the frequency.

Hi!

Thank you (again) for this wonderful piece of software. It is so quick and easy to use.

I have noted two problems

1. The 'jump' at the start of each track (you know about this already)

2. I cannot fast-forward through some tracks - it tries to, but it is very slow (real time play speed!). Can you fix this? Or is it a problem with my MP3 files?

I would like a more standard file browser on the right-panel too, with the [..] folder to go up a level, and maybe a drive box to select your harddrive (e.g. C: D: E: etc.)

Thanks!

:) I'm newbie here and just bought my nw-e002, and use your voidmp3fm but why :sad: I can't search for any song ( all song will become UNKNOWN) and when want to search for album it became NO ITEM. Thanks in advance.

Your software is very good... and easy....THX THX THX

Edited by Yoyokayu

Hi!

I have the same problem/bug as described below and fast forward sometimes doesn't work.

Thomas.

:) I'm newbie here and just bought my nw-e002, and use your voidmp3fm but why :sad: I can't search for any song ( all song will become UNKNOWN) and when want to search for album it became NO ITEM. Thanks in advance.

Your software is very good... and easy....THX THX THX

Hi Void ,

first of all MANY thnanks for the piece of code you ve developed. great job.

you cannot imagine how relieved i was to discover this s/w of yours. i was highly disappointed after finding out that i ll need SonicStage to use my mp3 player and frankly , i felt pretty cheated by Sony. the general reviews for Sonic Stage are very bad too.

i was kind of unsure about loading your s/w at the root of the device though. it has replaced the original OMG foldr and files and i ve not kept a backup of that. will tht couse any problems..? will it not support some of the features of the device? also , it will still support file types other than MP3 , i assume?

the tool is great and very easy to use but please please increase the file storage limit.. currently it s 255 and it s plainful to see empty space in the device and still not to be able to load more files on it :)

also , me too have come across the "NO DATABASE" error. as i ve figured out from trial and error , this error comes for some of my folders only.. i guess i should try changing names etc.

I have NW-E005 and use voidmp3fm. Good program but It has problem with converting big mp3 files. Sound of this files becomes like robots voises. Have you bugs like that? Big - more than 20 -30 mb. And program crashes very often with report in my WinXP.

I will wait for your answer.

Thanks.

yeah..

even i ve noticed that some of the tracks sound funny.. any solution for that?

also , i cant play WMA files on the player now.. and some tracks are automatically skipped while playing. the files are there in the player but they wont get played.. is that because of some format error in files?

strangely , changing file names have worked for some of the files and they can be played now.